PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: This hand is ridiculous

Check_The_Nuts
06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
So I'm only playing one table and I've been [censored] around with this dude as a result. On one of my tables he started 3betting me light, and I had direct position on him on another table. Man [censored] got whack. I 3bet him probably half the time he opens, maybe more. He's adjusted by opening slightly tighter, but more importantly never folding preflop. He 4bets probably 50% of the time and I haven't [censored] with those yet.

Lots of history obviously. I 3bet him once on button with A9s, he 4bet me, I called (150BB deep). Flop came like A32 or something completely good looking. He potted into me, I shoved, and stacked him (he had worse ace on flop, insane). Next hand I picked up JJ, he raised UTG, I 3bet, he 4bet, I just called (mistake?). Again we were still deep, probably 160BBish still (somehow lol?). Flop came Q high, he potted into me, I shoved (BAD), he called with KQo. That hand I played pretty poorly. Pushed basically only thing that he beat :/. I think he played it bad too.

Lately I've been very passive in reraised pots. Once I reraised and we saw a flop, and he check/folded on a dryish K-high board. He seems to mostly just 4bet me and avoid flops tho, which sucks IMO. He's playing 22/16/3 over a large sample (he was 26/22 earlier tho), so he's definitely slightly tighter than those stats imply.

Of course the hand doesn't record. Argh pokertracker. He probably thinks my hand range here is relatively huge, but I'm not sure. I would guess he calls with KQ+ AQ+ 88+ preflop. Probably AJs and maybe KJs if he raises them (ie he wouldn't give my reraise any respect).

50NL - 5 handed
Eff stacks - $100

Preflop - KK
fish limps UTG, maybe one other limper, villian raises out of SB, I 3bet in BB, all folds and villian calls.

Flop - J92 (Pot ~$14)
Villian checks, I check (idiot).

Turn - T
Villian checks, I bet 9ish, he check raises to $24.

mugatu668
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
this is bad. very bad. you have to bet that flop, because now you have no idea where you are and have to fold.

C4LL4W4Y
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Yep, you screwed yourself. You have to get it in with all that history, and that turn card sucks.

Check_The_Nuts
06-26-2007, 11:25 AM
lol - uh no callaway. I would call here and call river if I thought continuing was OK.

The thing is, does he really semibluff a hand that could be good here very often? like KJ/QQ, or is it going to be TT/straight all the time?

bozzer
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
as above.

OP, try getting the latest patch for PT, which fixes the problem with importing hands from FTP where the new 'time' function is used.

Check_The_Nuts
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
hand was at UB. Villian definitely knows who I am on 2p2 if he sees this now lol.

meh whatever I don't care. i barely post any hands at 50NL now.

relativity_x
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I think the sb betting against the limpers is standard with ATC. If he's an aggressive solid 50 NL player, he's just trying to get their money. Then you 3bet him and he flat calls. If he's not 4betting you here, he's either playing a monster or ATC.

I think you have to call his c/r because he's still wide. He could have qj/under pair/89/or even qq, which you're ahead of. If he has a set/two pair/straight, you still have a chance of winning with set/straight. I'd call and check/call river.

edit: and by ATC cards on the preflop action, I mean atc that can't re-raise stuff like low suited connectors/gappers/qx/jx/ etcetera.

C4LL4W4Y
06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol - uh no callaway. I would call here and call river if I thought continuing was OK.

The thing is, does he really semibluff a hand that could be good here very often? like KJ/QQ, or is it going to be TT/straight all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say shove. All I said was that given your history, your money should be going in at some point.

goat_beard
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
This is a type of hand that I would refraim from posting. You know the answer to how you played it poorly. FWIW fold to the turn c/r everytime IMO.

Vyse
06-26-2007, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW fold to the turn c/r everytime IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

goat_beard
06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
A turn c/r is super scary, checks around on the flop, then c/r the turn with what!? My guess is that he hit this turn pretty hard, either a JT/9T type of hand or even QK. Aren't we still deep? If so this makes our play on river 100% ridiculously hard if he leads and that pot is ~60$. As it stands we butchered the hand very badly but we can get away with a 16$ loss now.

Vyse
06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
With history his range is way higher than the nuts, and of course he'd follow up any turn CR with a bet on the river with ANY two cards, so that's insignificant.

goat_beard
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...so he's definitely slightly tighter than those stats imply

[/ QUOTE ] and he doesnt have to have nuts here to c/r turn but I think he has to have 2pr+

relativity_x
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I think you can discount qk here, it's probably in his 4 betting range. I'd be more worried about the 78 straight.