PDA

View Full Version : 50k Horse already a crapshoot.

doublejoker
06-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Going into Day 3 the Average chip count is 284000. They will be playing 10000 20000 stud with a 2000 ante. The average player has 14 big bets (less antes); meaning at this cruical point in the tournament someone can play 2 hands to the river and then they're done. I am sure at some point; the average stack to big bet number will be 10 or less as has happened in every limit tourney played so far. When will the people who create these structures realize that you have to leave players with at least 20 big bets in each round in Championship tournaments. This tournament would have been great had they started at 400 800 Limit Holdem and then 500 1000 stud games and then progressed to 600 1200 holdem omaha and 800 1600 stud games; rather than start out right at the 600 1200 and 800 1600 that was dealt. This would have given the players one more cycle through the games and would still have been a meaningful round in terms of accumulating chips.

fleece_me
06-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Too many egos. you will never hear "we made a mistake" from anyone involved. Get over it already. Howard has 50% or more of the "poker media" and big name pros on his payroll. Don't expect to hear much about this anywhere else but here.

deluz35
06-26-2007, 04:28 AM
LOL Crapshootaments /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

toutatis70
06-26-2007, 04:39 AM
HARRAH'S + W.S.O.P = CRAPSHOOTAMENTS/DONKEMENTS

astarck
06-26-2007, 07:55 AM
DONKAMENTS = CRAPSHOOTAMENTS/(HARRAH'S + W.S.O.P.)?

jogsxyz
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Who set the blind structures?

Lederer, Greenstein, and Negreanu?? Aren't they all in the committee?

They should let the math guys set the structure. Bloch, Chen, Ferguson, etc.

NickMPK
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Limit tournaments will always be a crapshoot in the end. They could keep the levels low for three weeks, and then when half the field was still alive on Day 22, when finally the average M=10, everyone would complain the tournament had become a crap shoot.

How many tournaments do you know that still have more than 1/3 of the field alive going into Day 3? Last year's HORSE event held their final table on Day 3.

NickdaNutz
06-26-2007, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you are so right.....Im sure Lederer, Greenstein, and Negreanu dont know simple math.

Did anyone take time to consider that this may be the structure that the pros prefer? The even is already 5 days long I doubt they want to extend it any longer.

Solitare
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Next year the format for this tournament will be CHORSE where for one round out of six they actually will play Craps.

Jooka
06-26-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you are so right.....Im sure Lederer, Greenstein, and Negreanu dont know simple math.

Did anyone take time to consider that this may be the structure that the pros prefer? The even is already 5 days long I doubt they want to extend it any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN has been on record multiple times as not liking the structures one bit. He also went on record to say its his and everyone else on the advisory boards fault.

LurchySoprano
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next year the format for this tournament will be CHORSE where for one round out of six they actually will play Craps.

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ is a lock to be the first one eliminated then.

Mr. Mojo31
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TJ is a lock to be the first one eliminated then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand sir.

NickMPK
06-26-2007, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN has been on record multiple times as not liking the structures one bit. He also went on record to say its his and everyone else on the advisory boards fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he has said that he really likes the structure, but can understand why other people might not. He has complained a lot about the structure of the other limit events.

Quotes from his most recent blog (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1182668461&archi ve=&start_from=&ucat=&):

"This structure is actually just fine, but in comparison to the other events I worry that many players may complain that this particular event starts out a little too fast. "

"I think the H.O.R.S.E. structure is excellent, but as I said, my main concern is that people will be comparing the early stages of this event to those other limit events that start out excessively slow. "

jogsxyz
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Lederer and Greenstein set the blind structures for PSS. They screwed those up badly.

TonyLA
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Tourneys are a crapshoot?

It's unbelievable the information you learn on these forums.

chicken10der
06-26-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

horsecrap

prophet73
06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

horsecrap

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

cbloom
06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Hmm.. maybe they intentionally made it fast early so it could slow down later. As opposed to most limit tourneys where the first few rounds almost don't matter and then it becomes really fast later when it's crucial.

NickdaNutz
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm.. maybe they intentionally made it fast early so it could slow down later. As opposed to most limit tourneys where the first few rounds almost don't matter and then it becomes really fast later when it's crucial.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically exactly what Gavin Smith says on pokerwireradio. He likes the structure....every level matters.

Im sure we will be getting alot of reaction once it winds down and my impression is that most will be favorable.

fleece_me
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
No one on howard's payroll will complain or say anything negative. That's a lot of voices that will never be heard due to enlightened financial self interest.

No one on the board is a big enough person to put their ego to the side and admit they [censored] it up. That they [censored] it up is beyond dispute. They scheduled a tournament for 5 days they could of finished in 2.5 or 3 days at the most.

doublejoker
06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
WOW going into the 15k 30k razz rounf the average stack only has 12 big bets. This may go evactly as I predicted; by the next Holdem or razz round the players will probably have 10 big bets or less.

NickMPK
06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I like the higher starting blinds, but it seems like they could play longer than than 7.5 hour days. In the future, they could leave the level increments as they are, but increase the level length to 40 minutes, which would be 10 hours for 15 levels a day.

jogsxyz
06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
To have the blinds go up slowly and finish in a reasonable length of time the entrants would need to agree to play 15 hours per day with no breaks. It would be like the old days of 24/7 poker. Give each player 5 break buttons which would allow them to skip an orbit with no blind or ante penalty. That would keep the game moving.

regression
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You owe me a new keyboard.