PDA

View Full Version : NL2 Maniac push on flop

Arctic
06-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Playing NL2 at Pacific where can you find lots of maniacs and preflop pushers showing Ax hands and worse.
I was doing really well, and had raised from 2$ to 7.4$.

<font color="red"> Reads: </font> This guy had been playing super agressive. A lot of big pushes preflop. Few hands before he went all-in preflop with K3o against QQ. He ended up winning by hitting trips on the river.

Just few hands back I raised KQ from early and he called.
Flop came 2K5 rainbow, I bet pot, he mini-raised, I made a decent reraise, and he folded.
He had huge stack as he had doubled up at least twice. I was pretty sure he was steaming pretty bad, and I had been looking for a chance to bust him.
------------------------------------------------------------

SB 10: ( $1.88 )
BB, HERO:( $7.43 )
UTG: ( $2.64 )
EP1: ( $2 )
MP1: ( $7.51 )
MP2: ( $1.19 )
MP3: ( $1.17 )
CO:( $2 )
Button:( $1.44 )
SB posts small blind [$0.01].
Hero posts big blind [$0.02].
EP2 posts big blind [$0.02].
CO posts big blind [$0.02].

Dealt to Hero [ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
1 folds.
1 checks.
Villain calls [$0.02].
2 folds.
1 checks.
1 calls. [$0.02].
SB completes. [$0.01].
Hero checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ](0.12$)
1 checks.
Arcticci bets [$0.12].
1 folds.
namepaul raises [$7.49].(All-in.)
3 folds.
Hero...
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is this a standard fold?
He had been reraising the flop raiser alot before, and I had just won last hand against him in similar way.
Could he be doing that with middle pair? Q, with lower kicker? With absolutely nothing? Wouldn't he had raised preflop with Q with good kicker? Would he play the nuts this way? Those were the things in my mind.

Nick C
06-26-2007, 03:10 AM
I would probably let him have this one. Playing top pair, bad kicker for 375 BBs seems kind of excessive.

That said, if he's been doing this sort of thing postflop with weak hands, then a call could be profitable. You just need to be a favorite versus his range, and you do have top pair. But I wouldn't call based just on his preflop playing style.

Pigslice
06-26-2007, 04:07 AM
You'll probably find better spots if you're patient enough.