PDA

View Full Version : 25NL "More not betting the turn" starring me!

bored
06-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Villain is 49/11/.66, but his river AF is 2.3.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $28.55
Hero (BB): $25.45
UTG: $11.30
MP: $11.00
CO: $28.35
BTN: $33.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $3.25

Turn: ($13.10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($13.10) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Pot Size: $13.10 ($0.60 Rake)

Button has been getting out of line, so I choose this hand to make a stand. I plan to muck to a rr, but I'm kind of confused when he calls, so I put him on a betting K or a smaller PP.

I figured I'd WA/WB here, so I check the turn.

After button checks the turn, I want to bet the river, but it is an A and I don't like it because I think a lot of As are in his range, so I check.

Thoughts?

fees
06-26-2007, 02:05 AM
lead this board, don't cr... as played bet the turn

bored
06-26-2007, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lead this board, don't cr... as played bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

And if I get raised on the flop?

I c/red the flop because I thought he'd cbet and I wanted to represent strength.

Rollos
06-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Preflop call is kind of meh. Flop c/r is retarded, just check/call or lead. As played bet turn and fold to any aggression.

jessyj07
06-26-2007, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call is kind of meh. Flop c/r is retarded, just check/call or lead. As played bet turn and fold to any aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knuckles
06-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Then there is a good chance that your dominated and you should get away from the hand. I don't like KTs out of position, it will win you a small pot or lose you a large one. If he has been relentlessly stealing your big blind 3b pf and then lead on the flop. I would rather do this with suited connectors than KTs though.

Vyse
06-26-2007, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like KTs out of position, it will win you a small pot or lose you a large one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that up to the player?

cubase
06-26-2007, 02:27 AM
FWIW, if you are taking a stand, I prefer to 3-bet pre-flop. If he calls, you can narrow his range, fold out the other limpers, and make better decisions on the flop. Another possible outcome is that you just take the pot down.

By you just calling, he could still have ATC and you still have to play the other players, OOP.

Vyse
06-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Yeah, plz 3bet this PF all day long

TheProbst
06-26-2007, 02:29 AM
You list his aggression factor as .66. PF call is fine and just fold to the flop bet. Hand over.

Rollos
[ QUOTE ]
Then there is a good chance that your dominated and you should get away from the hand. I don't like KTs out of position, it will win you a small pot or lose you a large one. If he has been relentlessly stealing your big blind 3b pf and then lead on the flop. I would rather do this with suited connectors than KTs though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Others may argue with me on this, but I believe in the micros you can three bet with pretty much anything you want and it will show a profit. I think restricting your three betting range to just suited connectors or whatever is missing out on a lot of money.

Knuckles
You are correct that is up to the player, but I find it more difficult to control the size of the pot OP. My reading skills aren't that strong hence my history with that hand. With a villian only raising 10% of his hands pre-flop, I consider this a dangerous hand.

Nick C
06-26-2007, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You list his aggression factor as .66. PF call is fine and just fold to the flop bet. Hand over.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like Hero had a read that Villain wasn't exactly playing 0.66 at this particular moment.

In any case, if we're check-folding this flop, then I don't think we should be calling preflop (well, unless the reason we're check-folding is that we have a solid read that the PFR does not c-bet when he misses or when the board is scary for his hand).

bored
06-26-2007, 02:56 AM
I'm trying not to be results oriented, but he had

<font color="white"> T9o, MHIG </font>

dimeetrees
06-26-2007, 04:51 AM
K the thing is if I knew the button would lead weak/cbet in this spot Id check/raise him more(around 3-4x his bet) to define my hand early. If you feel like your good here, you gotta raise more to discourage a call. Depending out how out of line you think he's getting, taking it down on the flop isnt a bad play. If you arnt sure and you want to play it soft lead the flop and lead the turn, if the river bricks out and I felt he missed his draw then Id probably check and let him try to bluff his way out then call the river. OR I might fire a 3rd blocker bet and fold to a raise. If his AF is low, blocker bets work great as pot control on the river IMO. Personally I find blocker bets weak plays and raise them if I feel i can represent something, but against a .66 AF type player it can be a strategically good play to lose the least and find out where you are at the cheapest.

dimeetrees
06-26-2007, 04:54 AM
Also if we're talking about preflop strategy, k10s isnt the best spot to be in due to his PFR%...but, u gotta play it the best u can once you're in the mess.

ama0330
06-26-2007, 04:57 AM
I fold this preflop and lead the flop. As played I feel like betting the turn is a bluff seeing as you are OOP and you are WA/WB. To be perfectly honest, it may seem like your line is embarrasingly weak but I really think that its a viable play. The reason it seems so wierd to me is that preflop is something I would never do - its difficult to be aggressive OOP with an easily dominated hand, which is why I fold.

Spanky1974
06-27-2007, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, plz 3bet this PF all day long

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really 3bet a 50%VPIP fish with KT oop? What is our plan on turn when he calls our cbet after we miss?