PDA

View Full Version : $5NL 6-Max, I guess this is a Hand Quiz

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Villain likes to limp alot of hands, likes to call raises (not necessarily 3-bet pf), likes to call down, and is prone to raise pf if you haven't. To give you a little example, I bluffed the river with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on a Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif board after raising the turn and he called with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Then a couple of hands later a won a huge pot against him when he had to fold to a raise AI on the turn to my set of Jacks. OK, so now on to the hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($9.68)
BB ($7.74)
UTG ($9.56)
Hero ($14.13)
Button ($10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with [ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?]
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.98</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7.74</font>, Hero ?

What is the worst hand you would call an AI with against this type of villain (notice the 4-bet )?

bored
06-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Don't open limp.

Edit: And don't be in a hurry to get it AI pf w/ a minor edge if you have a massive postflop edge.

Restlys
06-26-2007, 01:49 AM
id fold pretty much anything, basically i ignore all your reads - your playing 5 $ NL , at tleast A with Q kicker minimum, Pocket J and up if you say hes that loose...but remember, he limps in alot of hands - he rarely raises with them, and now he goes all in PF? my hand range is extremely loose but im posting it simply cuz your playing NL 5...any higher and im cutting it in half

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't open limp.

Edit: And don't be in a hurry to get it AI pf w/ a minor edge if you have a massive postflop edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Don't open limp against a player who likes to raise behind if you haven't?

2. What's the minimum you call with?

bored
06-26-2007, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't open limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Don't open limp against a player who likes to raise behind if you haven't?

2. What's the minimum you call with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing like this? An absolute monster, AA-QQ.

And no, I still wouldn't open limp whatever hand you had. I raise my good hands and bet/bet/bet vs these kind of players who love to call down with garbage.

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id fold pretty much anything, basically i ignore all your reads - your playing 5 $ NL , at tleast A with Q kicker minimum, Pocket J and up if you say hes that loose...but remember, he limps in alot of hands - he rarely raises with them, and now he goes all in PF? my hand range is extremely loose but im posting it simply cuz your playing NL 5...any higher and im cutting it in half

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying you fold JJ-KK and AKs?