PDA

View Full Version : 25NL So is this how you play a set on a flushing board?

bored
06-26-2007, 01:27 AM
SB is 45/7/.4

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $14.85
BB: $32.70
UTG: $25.00
Hero (MP): $46.35
CO: $33.25
BTN: $31.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, SB calls $4.00

Pot Size: $16.75 ($0.80 Rake)

I read something on the forums about checking behind on a flushing board with a set instead of betting, so I did.

Check or bet the turn and why?

After being checked to on the river, I'm obviously going to bet; how much should I bet?

derosnec
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
i need to write a thread on betting the turn. way too much checking happening in these forums

since there is no ace or king or queen (maybe), he likely puts you on missed overs or is only thinking about his cards. just keep betting unless a 4th diamond shows up.

PietM
06-26-2007, 02:40 AM
I would bet this turn, and check behind on the river instead.

If villain checkraised the turn I'd do some thinking. If it wasn't a mega-raise I'd still call and hope to fill up.

On the river I don't see too many hands calling your bet that you beat.

shoxbb6
06-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Raise more on the flop.
Checking behind on the turn w/ a set on a twotone board is mainly for metagame or if the villain is superaggresive after the turn is checked through.
You need to get value from the passive players like your villain.

bored
06-26-2007, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more on the flop.
Checking behind on the turn w/ a set on a twotone board is mainly for metagame or if the villain is superaggresive after the turn is checked through.
You need to get value from the passive players like your villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I understand now. Thanks!

Nick C
06-26-2007, 02:53 AM
SB has kind of an awkward stack size on the turn, but I would probably either bet half his stack and leave myself with a trivial river bet left to make or I would just push.

Anyway, I think it's a little bit encouraging that SB led the flop (he's passive and probably doesn't do that with a draw too often). It suggests, for instance, that he likes his hand and you're going to get paid.