PDA

View Full Version : $5NL 6-Max, JJ- something smells like rotting phish

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Villian likes to limp alot of hands, especially while in the small blind, then smooth calls raises. He also doesn't bet agressively postflop. It's either call or bet enough for a hand with implied odds to call.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($10.04)
CO ($9.80)
Button ($2.83)
SB ($12.73)
Hero ($10.02)
UTG ($12.86)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, SB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.40) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.05</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.62</font>, SB calls $0.57.

Turn: ($1.64) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.64) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">
Hero: "sniffs!"

vixticator
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Bet the turn. As played call river, it might even be likely you are beat but I'm pretty sure SB value bets 8x here too.

Shoe Lace
06-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Hmm, I'd raise a bit less on the flop (40c or so).

Then since the board is pretty drawy, I'd bet the turn for $1.25. You have an ok hand, but you need to protect it more so than control the pot size.

I don't think villain calls your turn though unless he luckboxed trips or managed to fill up (flopped a set).

This looks like 1 of 3 things:

1) 79 made his hand on the river.
2) he has a busted flushdraw and is trying to take the pot away.
3) he has trips/boat and attempted to check raise you on the turn but missed and now wants to get some value on the river.

I'm not sure what I'd do... I'd probably call, but this might be a leak.

Restlys
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I would re-raise pot on the flop, and bet a low % of the pot on the turn to get info, prob 60 %. The way he calls and just checks suggests to me that he is playing a flush draw, you wanna make money of that, aside from that there are not alot of hands he can call your turn bet that would make sense when you consider hes PF action.

But you did say he was a loose passive player, so he might call, and as we all see he would bet a small amount on the river, which I would call...but thats if he call your turn bet,

I suggest you try playing it beting on the turn and see what happens.

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would re-raise pot on the flop, and bet a low % of the pot on the turn to get info, prob 60 %. The way he calls and just checks suggests to me that he is playing a flush draw, you wanna make money of that, aside from that there are not alot of hands he can call your turn bet that would make sense when you consider hes PF action.

But you did say he was a loose passive player, so he might call, and as we all see he would bet a small amount on the river, which I would call...but thats if he call your turn bet,

I suggest you try playing it beting on the turn and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't re-raise flop. He bet, I raised, he smooth called.

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
River: ($1.64) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>

This villain happened to be at the same table when I bluffed with the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the Q8A63 board and lost to KQ and won with the set of Jacks against the guy in the "I guess this is a Hand Quiz" post. Thoughts on the river.