PDA

View Full Version : Third three bet and I get four bet.

goat_beard
06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Villian is 28/18 with 40% att to steal blinds, yes he is from previous post. Confused about what to do here so I just let it go.
*EDITED TO ADD* - Just reminding this is the third time I have three bet this guy. Other two times he had position on me.
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $76.15
Hero (BB): $33.20
UTG: $8.80
CO: $21.20
BTN: $26.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $6.50

vixticator
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Meh, I would shove.

creamfillin
06-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Shove/too much history here to fold

Lego05
06-26-2007, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Shove/too much history here to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus it's blind vs. blind.

Pigslice
06-26-2007, 04:05 AM
I would shove, but I hate getting my BB stolen. And I'm guessing hes getting pissed off about you 3 betting him, so he would probably be willing to 4 bet with a lot less.

ama0330
06-26-2007, 04:49 AM
This isn't an autoshove for me. The fact that you have put so much pressure on him has widened his range to the point that he will be willing to call you with a lot of hands. I'd say he could well call you with as low as 99 here.

Point being that AQo doesn't perform so great against this range, its about 42% against 99+,Ats+,Ato+. If you say 99+ only, its 35%.

Im not saying definitely don't shove, I'm just saying that its a fair bit closer than people are saying. If you guys have been sparring recently I would probably let this go and continue to exploit your image. The fact that he has 4bet you relatively small says to me that he's finally caught a hand and he wants you to shove over.

Fiksdal
06-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Easy fold readless.

Given history you have to stick it in.

matrix
06-26-2007, 07:57 AM
if this is the FIRST time villan has 4bet you then I fold this quicker than a blackbelt in origami.

His bet sizing lokks like "please call me/please raise me" kind of size rather than "please go away I'm getting frustrated" size.

I'd let it go and keep up the pressure on villain. If he knows sometimes you 3bet him you don't have a hand and will fold to more pressure then he's apt to increase the range he makes this play with as our constant pressure on him increases his frustration.

justhetip
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
I would get it in too.

ama0330
06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this quicker than a blackbelt in origami.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats awesome

goat_beard
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this quicker than a blackbelt in origami.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
srsly godlike IMO...i think this fold was good, i didnt get to see his cards but my thinking was even though that he is fed up with me i cant see him doing this with a hand much morse than AQ, i figd my best case scenario is i would get it in against AJ or an underpair. i still think its a good fold but keep commenting if u feel different.

Check_The_Nuts
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I definitely push here as well. Meh whatever.

VayaConDios
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
If you think this guy is getting sick of your three-betting him, isn't that an argument in favor of just smoothcalling his first raise? Unless you've seen him really getting out of line preflop, I think you have to pitch this to any re-raise. Plus, villain doesn't seem like a complete drooler, so I don't know if you want to be playing a bit pot with A-Qo against him anyway.

+EV
06-26-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 28/18 with 40% att to steal blinds, yes he is from previous post. Confused about what to do here so I just let it go.
*EDITED TO ADD* - Just reminding this is the third time I have three bet this guy. Other two times he had position on me.
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $76.15
Hero (BB): $33.20
UTG: $8.80
CO: $21.20
BTN: $26.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $6.50

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that villain is opening up his 4 betting range to you or closing down his four betting range to you?

Most people on the board are probably saying push because because they think your history causes villain to be 4 betting light.

However, villains stats are solid and I wonder whether all the light 3-betting on your part might actually be causing the opposite affect. If I were a good tight villain and I want to play a big pot, I am waiting for a big hand. That way when you 3-bet villain's four bet is for value not to merely play back at a perceived weak 3 bet.

Based on the fact that villain has pretty solid stats I am more inclined to fold.

Another relevant question is whether or not you want to play a big pot pf with AQo? I am not sure I do.

+EV

+EV
06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if this is the FIRST time villan has 4bet you then I fold this quicker than a blackbelt in origami.

His bet sizing lokks like "please call me/please raise me" kind of size rather than "please go away I'm getting frustrated" size.

I'd let it go and keep up the pressure on villain. If he knows sometimes you 3bet him you don't have a hand and will fold to more pressure then he's apt to increase the range he makes this play with as our constant pressure on him increases his frustration.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. I think if he is opening up his four betting range he is actually more likely to just open push hoping to gain more fold equity. With the 3x rr I think this is a "please play a big pot with my AA or KK" type reraise.

I am leaning more toward folding at this point.

+EV

Vyse
06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I give credit to the first 4bet as him having a legit hand, likely AQs+, TT+. When I get 3bet light, I'll first wait for a relatively strong hand to 4bet back with, and if they keep doing it I will then open up my range.

goat_beard
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
A couple of you guys have said his raise is one that says call or reraise me but not fold, how do you derive this? Is it the sizing, or just merely the fact that this is his first time four betting me? His sizing is a little small but couldn't that also mean hes 4betting light and is going to pitch it to serious resistance. Also if you are villian here against me what range do you 4bet me with, and what raise do you make it? FWIW almost all of my fourbets are AI at 25 because I almost never four bet behind.