PDA

View Full Version : Villain clickraises on NL25. What is our response?

cbk86
06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
A situation I very often encounter while grinding NL25, is the position clickraise. An example:

Hero (100 BBs) is UTG with 99.
Villain (100 BBs) is in the CO.

Hero raises to 4x BB, fold to villain, who calls, and the rest of the table is folding.

The flop comes 47Q rainbow.
Hero bets 2/3 pot, villain minraises. What does this usually mean? I often encounter this against LAGish players who is about 22/10, and most often on dry boards with one or no overcards on the board, to my medium PP.

What is our response when we encounter such a move?

I tend to get very confused when this happens. How should a clickraise from a preflop caller be interpreted at NL25?

I mean, I've seen donks do this with nothing but A high, but also with overpairs and TPGK/TPTK. What do you think is the general tendency?

Cheers

semu
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Well in this situation I think the playing style comes involved. Loose or tight? If you don't know your opponent fold. I don't like a call here either cause if you call and the turn comes and you check and he will bet the pot again, well you are in the same situation as you were on the flop.
You are going to hit your set 25/1 on the turn and 12,5/1 on the river. The min-raise could mean he/she could have a middle pair or a Q with a weak kicker. Why would he raise with two-pair or a set when theres no draws out there.

Vyse
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
depends on your opponent and frequency he's doing it. if you don't believe him, 3bet him. if you do, fold. the longer you're at the table, the more of a read you have of what this means...

cbk86
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bowlboy
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
this happens a lot.