PDA

View Full Version : kings lol

sightless
06-25-2007, 06:05 PM
19/11/1.8 is villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($23.35)
BB ($17.75)
Hero ($59.50)
MP ($57.75)
CO ($22.80)
Button ($50.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15</font>, SB folds, HERO LOL?

losingdonkey
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I think you're behind his raising range on the flop. Without the Kc I fold.

semu
06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Well. What can you beat? Flush draw(Ac) and AJ and a bluff.
What could beat you? Made flush, set, two pair.

Against an Ac you are a 51% favorite.(Coinflip)
Against AJ you are 76% favorite.
And against a bluff you are 100% to win it.
But against those hands that have you beat you are quite a big underdog.
Pot odds: 6.50+5.5+15 = 27$/15$ thats like 1.8 to 1 or something. You can't call or raise here cause there are so many things that can beat you. I think the 5.5$ was an information bet and you have got the information. Fold

jessyj07
06-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I also think you should fold, but if you were to continue I think call flop and c/r ai on a turn blank is the play.

Beesnuts
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
The way I see it, he has 55 or 77 almost exclusively. I think he would re-raise JJ PF, and given the flop play, it looks like he really doesn't wanna see another card and is betting fairly hard because you could very well have a high club. I don't see 57, J5, J7 at all. I think all your ahead of is a flush draw or QQ

Vyse
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
... Yeah, you need to get some reads. There's no excuse to have absolutely no information by this time assuming neither of you haven't just sat down -- which looks fairly unlikely.

With the Kc it's a diff story, but fold here

sightless
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no excuse

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, i can play for hours with people and not have any real reads except that theya re soldi thinking players...

Vyse
06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Anything is a read. When they raised on the flop, what did they have? When they check-called three streets, what did they have? I don't know how you can play for hours with people and not have anything more substantial than that.

If you're going to place most of your reads into his stats, then, well that definitely strongly implies you're toast.

sightless
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything is a read. When they raised on the flop, what did they have? When they check-called three streets, what did they have? I don't know how you can play for hours with people and not have anything more substantial than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

James81
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to place most of your reads into his stats, then, well that definitely strongly implies you're toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how do you do that, but I want to thank you that you let me insight your mind. I know all these things, but for me it is really hard to put this puzzle together!
The Problem for me is when they dont show a hand down, I can't say anything about their play (only TAG; LAG; ROCK).

Vyse
06-25-2007, 08:37 PM
The thing I like to do is figure out what their minraises mean. Getting check-minraised on the flop is annoying but quite common, and once you have a good idea of what that means it makes playing against them much easier. How do they play their draws (aggressive or passive; will call down 3/4-PSB with gutshots or not?), if they're positionally aware, capable of 3betting light, etc.

TheSalche
06-25-2007, 09:20 PM
He's got position on you which sucks here, I don't think continuing in this pot is a good idea, fold.

SMACK BOOTY
06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
If I called the flop with AcJx (I wouldn't do this, I'm beginning to hate AJo and KQo in general, but zillions of players at this level would on the button) I would play this the same way on the flop as the villain did. As others have said, without the Kc, you are in a bad spot (OOP doesn't help either). There is no calling; its either push or fold. Just looking at villain’s stats, assuming the sample size is big enough, I'd fold, but I have a bias in this situation because I am violently tired of getting stacked with big pairs once cards hit the table.