PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from WSOP event 35

crancspanc
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Just back from Vegas, played in event 35 and had an unreal time. Here is what I can remember:

-Played in a sattelite day before, structure sucks, makes online turbo S&G's seem like deep stacks.

-Has anyone mentioned that 90% of the dealers at the Rio suck?

-Parking and registration were easy, get there at 10PM and walk through both lines.

-Dutch Boyd: Guys seems cool, but looks like someone you would see on a street corner talking to themselves. I hope he has his issues worked out.

-Phil Gordon: There can't be a bigger douche in poker. The guy acts like such an ass at the poker table. I was at his table when he busted out of event 35. Lost a couple hands, he pouted at the table, running his hands through his hair and shaking his head. He acted like he was gonna throw a chair when he busted out. His bunch of yuppie groupies were annoying, clapping everytime he won a hand. I would say he is a man who has been supressing his homosexuality for too long, way too much pent up agression.

-There should be a sniper at every event, and when someone jumps up and says "That's what I am talking about!" they should be shot immediatly.

-I never was a fan of Antonio Asfandiari, but has changed my opinion 100% from observing his behavior. No matter how many people came up and asked him for an autograph he was alway gracious, "no problem at all" was all I heard him say. Asked for names, shook hands, had conversations. Class guy.

-Friend of mine played in event 36 @ a table with Siedel, Duke, Jensen, Benjamin and Luske. Siedel- about what you would expect except taller. Duke, 1 word that starts with c and rymes with hunt. Luske, not as nice as he appears on TV. Jensen, is a punk, short guy with some physical issues who tries to act like a tough guy, he needs a beat down badly. Benjamin is a prototypical french guy, arrogant and not real friendly.

-Ferguson is uglier then on TV, wears the gayest shoes with a full length leather trench coat. Trench coat mafia?

-Andy Bloch has got to be gay. Cowboy hat, skin tight shirt, baggy pants with horse shoes on the pokets topped off with cowboy boots. He looks like one of the village people, but does seem nice.

-Phil Hellmuth: dude wears his shades inside, takes himself way too serious. However he was nice to everyone who approached him.

-I have never seen so many big stacks donk out so fast. (Raise prelop, continuation bet, another continuation bet, all-in) x 2 = elimination. Stacks just were never deep enough for more then 2 mistakes for anyone at anytime.

-Joe Seabok: Seems cool, but does this guy donk off huge stacks in every tourney he plays in?

-I was able to play the short stack about 18 of the 24 hours I played.

-I played with Nam Le for about 4 hours and learned quite a bit. The guy was all class and has mad game.

-I predict that Edward Im will final table or get a bracelet this year, I was gonna say the same for Ryan Young but he won this event. These 2 were the best I saw at the tourney with the exception of Le. Both were agressive but knew when to slow down.

-Knocked out 20th KK vs. AA against Le.

-Lots of memorable hands but here are the highlights: River club for flush to stay alive at the 50-100 x25 level. River A to stay alive at the 200-400 x 50 level. QQ > JJ > AK to triple up with 6 tables left. 9 in the door for a set to almost triple up w/4 tables left. There were plenty more, but these were the "TV" hands 4 sure.

-Once and for all Venessa Rousso is not hot. She is "band hot", the hottest chick in the band, but she is average at best. I guess "poker hot" is the new "band hot".

-Clowie Gowen makes me want to throw up, she looks like so many coke whores I have seen in my life. But, 10 years ago I am sure she was hot. She has a better rack then is shown on TV.

I am sure I will think of more...

sirtimo
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Kevin,

'grats on the finish... nice TR! thanks

Reko Savinen
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the trip report and well done finishing that high.

As far as commentary on your post, I had the glorious opportunity to meet Jensen as well during a tournament and completley agree with everything you said. It takes a lot to get me angry during poker, but I seriously wanted to knock his lights out. Also agreed that Rousso is not hot. Also agreeing with Phil Gordon is a douche.