PDA

View Full Version : won money when saw flop

deltanovember
06-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm having a look at the stats thread and most of the solid players have a won $ when saw flop % in the high 30's and low 40's. I'm runninng at about 32%. In other words I'm probably giving up too early and need to wrestle another 10% or so of pots my way.

Any ideas on common situations where I may be giving up too early? I do the standard raise/cbet in position move...but just can't fathom how I can be giving up 10%.

greggg230
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Raising enough pre-flop? 4BB + 1xlimper

Are you only c-betting when you're in position? If so, I can tell you right there that that's the problem. Definitely c-bet oop when you're heads-up or even in a three way pot if the flop is right.

deltanovember
06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Preflop I'm doing pot + 1BB per limper...which works out at 3.5BB + 1BB per limper...should I start adding the extra 0.5BB will that get me heads up more often do you think?

Cbetting in and out of position...but I rarely (basically never) cbet OOP into a multiway pot.

CityFan
06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Are you loose PF? If you see a lot of flops with PP, SC etc. hoping to win big when you hit, then logically you won't win as high a proportion of hands as you would if you played real tight PF.

deltanovember
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I play pretty tight preflop...18/15 type game. Tight up front, loose from the steal positions.

tripdeuces
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Maybe work on two-barreling more often on board where villain calls a draw heavy flop. When a blank hits the turn fire another barrel. Alot of medium sized pots are won in this manner.