PDA

View Full Version : 100NL, QQ pf

_TKO_
06-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Villain is 13/10/2.76
Att to steal is 17.5
Fold to c-bet is 30

We've been duking out a few pots with no showdowns. He's been 3-betting me preflop and postflop a lot, but I never had a chance to see with what kinds of hands. Basically, I feel like he's been pushing me around. Maybe he has, or maybe he's been getting legitimate hands.

Anyway, he's been quiet for a while when this hand comes up, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $329.69
Hero (BB): $123.55
UTG: $268.10
CO: $98.50
BTN: $210.59

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $45.00</font>, Hero ...

SykoraG
06-25-2007, 04:00 AM
I would push with your read, otherwise I lean towards a fold.

Trae3ab
06-25-2007, 04:18 AM
I don't think it is worth racing with Queens for on preflop all in. But I don't what your buy in means to you.

I would make a better hand and extract from there. You only have a pair.

tarheeljks
06-25-2007, 04:35 AM
if he's been 3betting a lot pf, i push.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it is worth racing with Queens for on preflop all in. But I don't what your buy in means to you.

I would make a better hand and extract from there. You only have a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you are willing to let a light 3bettor run over you?

ama0330
06-25-2007, 04:52 AM
On paper this is an easy fold, but dynamics between you two add some extra information. You could probably push for value here because he will often think you are just tilting and call you off with TT, AQs type hands, especially given that you are not hugely deep.

The other option is to stop and go, just calling preflop then open shoving any flop that doesn't have an A or a K in it. You don't really want to play postflop and this line places maximum pressure on his range, basically reducing it to AA/KK if he wants to call, and we know he is playing a lot wider than that - the benefit for you is that the pot is so large that taking it down right there on the flop is actually a pretty good result.