PDA

View Full Version : Pooh Bah Anger (NC)

DannyOcean_
06-24-2007, 07:45 PM
So I literally just finished writing a pooh-bah style post that was like multiple thousands of words and took me like 4 hours and It wasn't as good as the masters like pokey, but i was pretty damn proud of it. And then I go to post it and "The form you have submitted is no longer valid" is all I see. And I try to go back and the back button won't take me to where my words were, just to a blank 'new post' page.

Utter despair.

[censored] YOU TWOPLUSTWO'S CRAPPY SERVER DJkASDFHAJSDFHASDHFJASFHASDKJFHSADJF

DannyOcean_
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I'll retype my fake pooh-bah post soon, maybe later tonight and maybe tommorow. I just spent 4+ hours doing that, and it's gone, sdfhkjdshfkjsdhomgwtfbbq

[/life]

Gelford
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
What subject can we look forward to ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HighSteaks
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I swear I didn't laugh.

Chomp
06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
That's cold Danny.

SpecT
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
how many posts is pooh-bah anywayz? i got a really good idea for a subject

DannyOcean_
06-24-2007, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about making mistakes at the poker table, which is admittedly very broad. This concentrates less on technical mistakes like "you shouldn't raise with Hand X when board reads ABCD" and more on mental lapses that make us do dumb dumb stuff that we INSTANTLY know is wrong. Every person on here has made a decision, clicked the button, and then immediately realized what they did was wrong. I'm talking about that kind of stuff, and why it happens.

Fiksdal
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Holy hell man that would make me shoot myself in the foot.

Did you actually write all of it out in the forum software, and not in word or something? Wow.

I'm looking forward to your post though, plz write it again although ICY if you aren't that motivated for it right now lol

jmgambler
06-24-2007, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How to write a post in a word document and copy/paste rather than write in the forum directly?

creamfillin
06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
M , , and kes are broken on m laptop /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SpecT
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How to write a post in a word document and copy/paste rather than write in the forum directly?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh that'd be hell trying to write it in that little box (unless there's some way to get a bigger box that i dont know about) id get sooo lost.

also - how many posts for pooh-bah? is it 1600?

Gelford
06-24-2007, 08:43 PM
yep 1600

kaz2107
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
dude this happened to me one time too. sigh. dont worry it will make tha next one better. do tha next one on word or sumtin and transfer it

Waingro
06-24-2007, 09:31 PM
It sounds like a good subject for a post. I hope you take the time to re-do it. It will probably come out better the second time around.

jessyj07
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like a good subject for a post. I hope you take the time to re-do it. It will probably come out better the second time around.

[/ QUOTE ]ditto. Also, sorry to hear about that Mr. Ocean.

poincaraux
06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Dang.

Back when I used to post a lot, this happened to me often enough that I got in the habit of copying everything before hitting submit. Sucks.

bozzer
06-25-2007, 10:07 AM
please redo the post.

this 'form no longer valid' thing happens to me a lot. in firefox though i can just click back and what i've written is still there.

ama0330
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
any post over 100 words goes straight into wordpad for me...

monkover
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
this really sucks but i´m looking forward to it.

CityFan
06-25-2007, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I literally just finished writing a pooh-bah style post that was like multiple thousands of words and took me like 4 hours and It wasn't as good as the masters like pokey, but i was pretty damn proud of it. And then I go to post it and "The form you have submitted is no longer valid" is all I see. And I try to go back and the back button won't take me to where my words were, just to a blank 'new post' page.

Utter despair.

[censored] YOU TWOPLUSTWO'S CRAPPY SERVER DJkASDFHAJSDFHASDHFJASFHASDKJFHSADJF

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. I always make sure I copy anything LONG to Notepad