PDA

View Full Version : tptk standard?

runhot
06-24-2007, 04:03 PM
just sat down, no stats no reads... er hows the 3bet on the flop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $19.80
BB: $28.55
UTG: $50.65
CO: $71.60
Hero (BTN): $59.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, BB calls $6.00

Turn: ($23.25) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $17.05</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $40.30 ($1.15 Rake)

BevillTheDevil
06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
your 3bet on flop is almost pointless IMO. Board is drawy, villian could have a weak J or some mid PP and villian is ~60BBs deep, id probably push the flop

Nick C
06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
This is a tough spot against an unknown.

In retrospect, I think just calling the flop min-checkraise against a semi-short-stack might be best, but this is sort of a results-oriented comment, I'll admit. The thing is, though, when he does push on a turn card like this one, it's hard to know he's not feeling pot-committed with, like, QsJc or something, although that's probably not what's going on.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that raising for "information" can backfire, sometimes, since, when Villain decides to call, it can make him feel attached to the hand and can elicit pre-emptive pushes.

I'm not saying the flop 3-bet was strictly for information, though. It looks like there should be some value in it, too, but it does sacrifice pot control in the process.

Nick C
06-24-2007, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your 3bet on flop is almost pointless IMO. Board is drawy, villian could have a weak J or some mid PP and villian is ~60BBs deep, id probably push the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, yeah, actually I didn't look at the bet sizes too closely. The 3-bet is kind of small. If you're going to 3-bet, you might as well either push or at least make a bigger 3-bet and basically commit yourself.

Triggerle
06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd like a 4bb raise pre-flop and a pot-sized bet on the flop. This will dramatically cut down on the raises with flush draws and you can consider letting it go on the flop.