PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Turn CRAI - sexy or spewy?

whyherro
06-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $46.90
BB: $25.00
UTG: $24.65
Hero (MP): $22.05
CO: $7.75
BTN: $27.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.65</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $2.35

Turn: ($10.05) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $17.20</font>

Reads: Saw villain rr the flop against another player 2 or 3 times (in 15 or so minutes), the one time the other guy shoved he folded. He seems way too aggressive, but seems to at least be a thinking player.

BevillTheDevil
06-24-2007, 03:39 PM
well i think a b/f probably accomplishes probably the same thing...i doubt villian is gona bluff raise 2 streets, but id probably just slow down on turn

Nick C
06-24-2007, 03:39 PM
The read you gave is sketchy (it would be useful to know how loose Villain is, for instance), but if your sense is that Villain is kind of a table bully, then the play seems all right to me. I mean, if he folded, you probably had the best hand, but he also probably had some outs, and there's no guarantee he was going to bet the river.

whyherro
06-24-2007, 03:50 PM
No PT stats on villain, was definitely attempting to be table bully though - making comments like "that's what you get for betting into me / 3-betting me" or "try that crap again"

At the time the play felt pretty good, but now that I think about it, it looks more and more like I turned my hand into a bluff.

Nick C
06-24-2007, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No PT stats on villain, was definitely attempting to be table bully though - making comments like "that's what you get for betting into me / 3-betting me" or "try that crap again"

At the time the play felt pretty good, but now that I think about it, it looks more and more like I turned my hand into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sort of, but unless Villain is super-loose, he'll often have a 6+ outer. Gettting him to fold that is no tragedy if he wasn't going to bet again. In fact, getting him to fold a 2-outer (worse PP) is okay too if he wasn't going to bet again. And, who knows, maybe you even have some folding equity versus, say, T9 or some value versus a worse PP (maybe he'll call instead of folding).

Anyway, given your description of Villain, the play seems fine to me.

BurnzDK
06-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I think its spewish. What can the Villain have ?
And just as importantly what can you have you would play in that way?.
Even if Villain has a Ace high flush draw he will most likely never fold it - and he will have e decent shot of beating your holding. Would you play - a set or overpair in the same way on a drawy board ? If not i think its spew.
However there is some metagame in it aswell - in the future he will know you are able to make moves at big pots with mediocre holdings. So in that manner i think the move is defendable.

TheSalche
06-24-2007, 08:54 PM
This is spewy, you're beating a bluff and a pair+FD combo draw, and nothing else.

whyherro
06-25-2007, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if Villain has a Ace high flush draw he will most likely never fold it - and he will have e decent shot of beating your holding. Would you play - a set or overpair in the same way on a drawy board ? If not i think its spew.
However there is some metagame in it aswell - in the future he will know you are able to make moves at big pots with mediocre holdings. So in that manner i think the move is defendable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Yes. This is more or less the line I think your average player would take with a big overpair or a set, which is why I think the crai is profitable against a thinking player.

BurnzDK
06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Yes. This is more or less the line I think your average player would take with a big overpair or a set, which is why I think the crai is profitable against a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only fault I can see you making is presuming this player is a thinking one. You have played with him - like 15 minutes ? You have no idea if he can fold his big draws -overpairs and toppair kind of hands. All you know is he is aggresive which makes it even harder to put him on a handrange here. If you made him fold congratulations - I still think this play is EV- in the long run.

justhetip
06-25-2007, 06:29 AM
I think it is sexy like Holly Valance. Fight for table dominance and then run them over.