PDA

View Full Version : 20nl, .05/.10 deep table on FTP - Two pair on a 4 broadway board.

Leviathan101
06-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

CO ($22.45)
Hero ($18.30)
SB ($5.85)
BB ($52.50)
UTG ($22.95)
MP ($17.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.40) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($1.20) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.7</font>, Hero folds.

I was playing on the deepstack table. I was trying to figure out if any hand fired twice that I beat. I didn't think there was much. Also... do they bet a hand that I beat on the turn? Villian is 19/16/infy over 30 hands. I know he plays 50nl FR cause I've seen him before at a friends table.

Is this standard? Or do you fold the turn?

Nick C
06-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I think the turn call is marginal but okay, for a couple of sort of contradictory reasons:

(1) After getting checked to, UTG might be gambling that you don't have a queen and the blinds aren't sandbagging one, in which case there's a decent chance he can take the pot uncontested.

(2) If UTG does have a queen (and it's entirely possible that he does), you may have some decent implied odds on your 4-outer (and then also you do have 3 additional chopping outs, but those aren't very significant here). I mean, if you fill up and you raise the river, UTG may have a hard time convincing himself that you're not raising the same straight he has.

Having said all of that, I should mention that it is true that if UTG actually has a Q, the immediate odds of course are not there at all. And I don't think that your chances of actually profiting on your 1 to 10 1/2 shot (when that's what you have) are very good (probably, on average, you won't even quite break even), so if the call is a profitable one, I think you have to rely on sometimes being up against a bluff and getting checked to on the river.

In any case, the river fold is good, I think.