PDA

View Full Version : Butchered this hand - 50nl

stunna954
06-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Villain is bad but highly aggressive he’s 36/19/4. I’ve seen him show down some complete bluffs so I know he’s capable. He’s also one of those players who is willing to go crazy in blind on blind confrontations.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $50.00
Hero (BB): $126.85
BTN: $96.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, SB calls $3.00

Flop: ($9) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

I just called flop trying to control the pot. Mistake? If I do reraise how do I handle a 3bet against a player who is obviously willing to bluff in this spot?

Turn: ($15) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn play is obviously just terrible by me.

River: ($15) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $42.50</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $57.50 ($0.70 Rake)

Is river obvious fold?

bored
06-24-2007, 03:08 AM
3 handed huh? Raise flop. If you want to control the pot, check behind him on the turn. If he 3bets the flop, shove.

After he checks the turn, bet and expect to take it down.

As played, and with your read, I'd probably instantly call the river overbet.

Manchild84
06-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Well, I like pre-flop.
You need to raise flop. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pot control shouldn't play a huge factor on the flop. If you're 3b'ing AK preflop, and don't bet when the A hits, what exactly are you hoping to hit?
Once you raise flop (probably $10 or so..) the hand becomes a lot easier.
If he calls, I'd check behind on turn for pot control.
As played fold river... if villain is that much of a maniac, you'll probably find another spot to get his cash.

stunna954
06-24-2007, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but pot control shouldn't play a huge factor on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I see the point here, I guess it was more knowing he's the type that thinks you must be bluffing back at him in the bb so he's very willing to 3bet flop and I didn't know how to handle it with that board.

Vyse
06-24-2007, 03:22 AM
raise flop, bet turn, yes riv is a fold