PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Is now the time to get tricky?

bored
06-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Villain is 44/10/1. Bet flop/turn/river % is 34/31/35.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $5.40
Hero (BB): $46.75
UTG: $24.65
CO: $24.85
BTN: $59.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.65</font>, CO calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, CO calls $3.75

Turn: ($12.90) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero?

Alright how do I maximize value here? Obviously I could bet, but how much? I could check and then call or raise and hope a /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes on the river.

What is the best line and why? If it is betting, how much would you bet here?

jordiepop
06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
i might check the turn here, but regardless of the river im betting. heart or not. he could easily have a j here, or some other marginal hand.

Prodigy54321
06-24-2007, 02:26 AM
keep in mind that this is my first day at NL6m in a while, so I'm quite rusty..

I would bet..he'll surely call a turn bet with the same draw he has calling the flop bet..he's really only possibly folding a J to a value bet...there are many hands that you can get good value out of by betting again..

the only realy reason to check here is if you think he'll bet his draw very often...

from my limited experience at $25NL6m I think villains just check behind with their draws on the turn too much to make it better to check to them..

I'm betting it for value...the river is another story I suppose..not sure what I would do if he called a turn value bet and a blank came on the river...maybe a check would be best then

Prodigy54321
06-24-2007, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i might check the turn here, but regardless of the river im betting. heart or not. he could easily have a j here, or some other marginal hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we bet 2/3 to 3/4 the pot on the turn and are called and a 3c or something comes on the river, do you think it is still likely enough that he has a J or Q or something (and will call a river push with it) to push instead of checking to him to induce a bluff by one of the many draws?

Manchild84
06-24-2007, 02:33 AM
With aggro factor of 1, villain isn't betting here very often. He raised PF, and called a decent sized flop bet, so he likes his hand.
I'd bet here, probably about 1/2 - 2/3 pot. If you bet $7, that leaves him w/ ~12 into a $26 pot on river.

jordiepop
06-24-2007, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if we bet 2/3 to 3/4 the pot on the turn and are called and a 3c or something comes on the river, do you think it is still likely enough that he has a J or Q or something (and will call a river push with it) to push instead of checking to him to induce a bluff by one of the many draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt note stack sizes. i think with his agro factor i would just bet the turn and river ... but i think a turn check might be close.

Vyse
06-24-2007, 02:46 AM
A turn check is bad. Why are you trying to get fancy? He's not aggressive and the 2 didn't change anything. Bet 2/3 pot on turn, push any river, nh.

btw your reraise size PF sucks nuts

bored
06-24-2007, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

btw your reraise size PF sucks nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually reraise 3x their bet. I think this time I just hit the bet pot button(which is actually more than 3x his bet).

What is a standard reraise size?

Vyse
06-24-2007, 02:54 AM
3.5x times has in my experience been the sweet spot. 4x makes the pot inflated postflop and therefore harder to get away from hands, 3.5x is large enough to get respect, but small enough to get away from and disguise your hand with multiple potential holdings.

3.5x here is basically $3.