PDA

View Full Version : $25 - T9s hit's 9 high flop and gets c/r'd

Prodigy54321
06-24-2007, 01:31 AM
no reads, first few hands from my first NL6m session in almost a year..this is fine, right?...or do people c/r c-bets enough to make it wrong to fold here? I have bad memories of having nearly every c-bet I make raised for the short time I played NL cash way back when...probably just paranoid though.

also, preflop is ok, right? comment on anything, bet sizes, etc.

thanks and sorry if this is a stupid hand to post..I want to be sure I remember at least the basics of this game.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $67.70
BB: $27.70
Hero (UTG): $25.50
MP: $6.50
CO: $11.35
BTN: $36.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $3.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $5.25 ($0.25 Rake)

knowledgeORbust
06-24-2007, 01:45 AM
I just started playing again myself, but I play on Stars. Not quite sure how the games compare, but they're the two biggest sites - can't be too much difference.

Pre isn't bad depending on the table. At NL25 you can get by playing quite TAG though, making 5+BB/100. Raising these kinds of hands are okay once in a while to mix it up or if you're at a loose table. Playing real LAGgy is generally unnecessary though. Very rarely are there players sophisticated enough to be re-raising Cbets light from my experience. This is a fold on the flop vs. almost all villains IMO.

Bet sizing looks ok.

MaltbyStu
06-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm too much of a nit to play 9Ts UTG t micros but I'm sure that you will get some approvers.

As played you showed strenggth PF so I guess a c-bet is not out of order. Calling the raise will be read dependant of course.

Since you are easing yourself back into the game it may be wise to tighten up for a period and avoid these situations?

Stu

pdoran10
06-24-2007, 01:48 AM
you really don't need to be raising 109s UTG in micros, but as played this looks fine.

Prodigy54321
06-24-2007, 02:01 AM
I guess I got a little carried away, that was at the bottom of my preflop raising hands in this spot, but I will bump it up a bit...

one quick general question for you guys...

what are people raising to preflop these days...3xBB+ 1 per limper or 4xBB + 1 per limper or a mix of both generally? (in position this is)..probably 4-5+1PL OOP right?..I can't really even remember what I used to do /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

just generally, I mean (although i guess it does depend on how I play postflop)

MaltbyStu
06-24-2007, 02:04 AM
I personally do not vary with position and raise 4BB + 1 per limper.

Stu

bored
06-24-2007, 02:51 AM
I fold T9s UTG.

Pretty standard cbet/fold for me esp w/o any reads.

knowledgeORbust
06-24-2007, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mix of both generally

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much whatever works for you, it's all good. Bet sizing pre is pretty normal still, more people understand the game than used to so bet sizing will be more standard across the board.

BurnzDK
06-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Preflop is a bit loose i think at this level.
Am I the only one who calls his check raise and reevalutes action on turn?
Quite often I see people checkraising low boards from blinds simply because they think you have 2 Broadway cards and the flop missed you completely so they try to steal the pot. Thats my expierence on NL50 anyway.

monkover
06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a bit loose i think at this level.
Am I the only one who calls his check raise and reevalutes action on turn?
Quite often I see people checkraising low boards from blinds simply because they think you have 2 Broadway cards and the flop missed you completely so they try to steal the pot. Thats my expierence on NL50 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo it depends on 2 main factors:
-heroīs play at the table cbetting% etc.
-villainīs af how often does he raise cbets? and his af on the different streets.

if you call here just to fold to aggression on the turn then fold on the flop. if vllain is a habitual bluffer call him down even if scare cards come up.