PDA

View Full Version : NL50 QTo flops OESD, gets donked into PSB.

JROK777
06-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $81.85
UTG+1: $97.15
Hero: $73.50
Button: $50
SB: $22.60
BB: $77.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5.25</font>, Hero ???

I hate villian. He runs 50/10/2 He is a super donk who draws against odds, min bets, donk bets and min raises to death. This is the 1st time I have seen a PSB sized donk bet. Should we raise and call a shove or just call?

Emperor Norton
06-23-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd only call if you think that villain will pay you off if an eight falls. He's showing some real strength for once, and I don't think it's unreasonable to give him credit for a real hand, albeit one like KJ or J7. Semibluffing isn't likely to make him go away, so depending on how likely villain is to stack off on a scary board, I'd either try to draw profitably, or fold.

bored
06-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd go for option #3.

Think awhile and then fold.

A lot of donkish hands hit this flop and if you raise, he calls and a blank hits, what is your plan then? Hope he gives you a free card? He might just donk the turn as well and then where are you?

Just wait until you have a made hand vs this villain and bet it. No need to force action with subpar hands.

Jose Stalin
06-24-2007, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go for option #3.

Think awhile and then fold.

A lot of donkish hands hit this flop and if you raise, he calls and a blank hits, what is your plan then? Hope he gives you a free card? He might just donk the turn as well and then where are you?

Just wait until you have a made hand vs this villain and bet it. No need to force action with subpar hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, fold is the best decision. A call would be horrible since more than likely the draw isnt getting there by the turn, if it gets there at all, and hes probably donking the turn. A raise would be good if he'd slow down but if there's a good chance it gets shoved over, dont do it.