teecee90
06-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Villian stats are 11/4/1

Can I lay this down?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.95
CO: $27.35
Button: $11.95
SB: $36.45
Hero: $26.60

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/9s.png http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/9c.png
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/3c.png http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/qc.png http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/9h.png ($4.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/7s.png ($11.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $31.45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?</font>.

vixticator
06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
You can lay it down if you hate money.

sightless
06-22-2007, 09:46 PM
call /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

renotime
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
instacall

Nthnuts
06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
you can absolutely not lay this down, this is a very easy call. Sick cooler.

Raise bigger on flop

deal
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM
You will easily make enough from the times this is AA, KK, or 77 to pay for the times with is QQ.

I'd raise the flop more too with the flush draw out there and two villains - around $5 seems good.

Bantam222
06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
omfggg i dont get how some of your brains work.

Check_The_Nuts
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
weird line, I call.

jessyj07
06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
given that he can have 333 I call but if you had the 333 I'd fold.

Emperor Norton
06-23-2007, 12:12 AM
A set of threes doesn't really figure into villain's range. He raises 4% of his hands preflop -- it's extremely unlikely he's three-betting 33 from the blinds.

jessyj07
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A set of threes doesn't really figure into villain's range. He raises 4% of his hands preflop -- it's extremely unlikely he's three-betting 33 from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]i missed the preflop action, I thought hero raised and villain called, I have no idea why I thought that...I just did. My bad. Def. fold this.

Perk76
06-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Helmuth style..chips in the center. AA/KK will be there enough times vs the QQ/33 that your worried about. This is definately felt time.

Worm75
06-23-2007, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i missed the preflop action, I thought hero raised and villain called, I have no idea why I thought that...I just did. My bad. Def. fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying villain has to have QQ here because of the shove???? lmfao

Blanket statements like this are why these posts are full of trash advice....you fold this hand on this board only if you like to give away free money....yes hero is against a nit, and he can def have QQ with his narrow PFR%, but this is AA/KK just as often as QQ.....Use pokerstove and figure out heros equity here before you shoot off fold in this situation.

Worm75
06-23-2007, 12:27 AM
BTW, this is pretty iffy PF, given the fact that you have the button to deal with also....and you are purely playing for set value against this villain.

jessyj07
06-23-2007, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blanket statements like this are why these posts are full of trash advice....you fold this hand on this board only if you like to give away free money....yes hero is against a nit, and he can def have QQ with his narrow PFR%, but this is AA/KK just as often as QQ.....Use pokerstove and figure out heros equity here before you shoot off fold in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]who cares about ranges! the way this is played, it's QQ every time.

Worm75
06-23-2007, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]who cares about ranges! the way this is played, it's QQ every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....again these blanket statements....you had better care about hand ranges, because at NL200 and above it's what seperates the winners from the losers....unless you like to donate money, and then you are always welcome at my table!

Yaboosh
06-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I play QQ/KK/AA like this often (in the villain's spot). If I were villain, I wouldn't want to 3bet the flop all in simply because I think I would blow them off their AQ/KQ type hands. I think all 3 are pretty equally likely, so it is definitely a call.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. I think it is quite possible a 4% pfraiser is a little less likely to be 3betting the QQ out of the small blind, so the KK/AA are a little more likely (not to mention that the Q on the board knocks out half the QQ combinations).

Lego05
06-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Pre-flop is a little iffy. Turn is an insta call and I can't believe anyone is questioning it. The idea that this is always QQ is laughable. Sure sometimes it's QQ, but less than 50% I bet. And even if it were a little more than 50% you could call profitably. This is easily AA,KK more than QQ.

Such an easy easy and very standard call here. This isn't even a strategy post....it clearly belongs in BBV. A couple days ago I flopped a set of J's vs a set of 8's, got a lot in, got the rest in on river with a full house and unfortunately the river was an 8. Stupid one outers.

Tony Eusebio
06-23-2007, 01:59 AM
100% call.

Yaboosh
06-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Clearly this wasn't a useless post since at least one person was advocating a fold. I agree with you that too many posts are simply results oriented bad beat stories, but in this case, with the one person clearly wrong and advocating a fold, it has served a purpose.

filsteal
06-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Look, with the Q on board, there are 3 combos of QQ and 12 total combos of AA/KK. So even if you only think there's a 25% chance villain plays AA/KK like this, then his range is STILL equal parts QQ and AA/KK, making it a very clear call.

Yaboosh
06-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Yessss...I agree, as evidenced by my posts in this thread. Somebody disagreed. Hopefully now they agree that this is never a fold. The fact that someone disagreed in this very clear scenario shows why this thread was not worthless.

ShipitFMA
06-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Psssstttt we have the second nuts, even nits think KK and AA are the nuts here, very very easy cool. just a cooler if you're beat
How many hands have you got on villan?

dimeetrees
06-23-2007, 02:47 AM
snap call, cause u know...chips happen. Is it me, or do most people post losing hands like this for sympathy?

Yaboosh
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
It probably isn't sympathy, it is just an extreme case of results-oriented vision.

jessyj07
06-23-2007, 03:12 AM
now u know to fold next time.

NSchandler
06-23-2007, 03:25 AM
Why is is that easy hands like this get dozens of replies and legitimately tough hands fall off the front page without more than 1 or 2 replies?

This is the easiest call in the world and I'm about as big a nit as you'll see.

teecee90
06-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Calm down, calm down.

Im still a newbie at all this and tend to post the hands that I lost a big pot to get any advice that will help me plug any leaks.

Like most responses on here, I figured that the villian was shoving AA &amp; KK enough to make a call +EV, which is why I lost all my chips on this occasion. Nevertheless, it's nice to get some re-assurance from others that the call was the correct play.

Any more comments on pre-flop and flop action?

Edit: Just discovered pokerstove, which provides more re-assurance:

Board: 3c Qc 9h 7s

Hand 0: 76.82% { 9c9s }
Hand 1: 23.18% { QQ+ }

Jouster777
06-23-2007, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is is that easy hands like this get dozens of replies

[/ QUOTE ] =&gt; easy

[ QUOTE ]
legitimately tough hands fall off the front page without more than 1 or 2 replies?

[/ QUOTE ] =&gt; tough