PDA

View Full Version : god damn it why didnt i check turn

sightless
06-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Villain is 30/7/1
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $30.25
BB: $10.50
Hero (UTG): $61.60
CO: $41.25
BTN: $19.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, SB calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16.00</font> ):?!?!?!?

Nick C
06-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Crap, well, even if you knew Villain had a flush, folding would be out, since you're getting the odds to fill up.

And then folding a hand this good for just the $8.75 Villain will have left on the river is something I wouldn't be able to do (I mean, he could have AhQs or something). So I guess I'd be on the road to doubling SB up.

jessyj07
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
call and c/f the river...

Emperor Norton
06-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Turn bet is fine, since it makes villain pretty much committed to calling a river shove with a hand like QJh. I never know whether to give villain credit for the flush, but with his stats I don't think you really go too far astray by calling and folding a non-pairing river. He has so little behind that I'm really tempted to shove, but I think you'll be -EV on those last nine dollars if you do so.

Chomp
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Grunch Nick C cause he's usually right.

Actually, when I first looked at the hand, I liked a turn bet and am pretty sure I make the same bet in the heat of battle.

But on second thoughts we don't get calls from Q's or Ah/Kh/Xh often enough to make it worthwhile. Also, I guess we are WA/QuiteB (set crushing 1P/set with 20% equity or whatever), so betting for value is inherently meh.

So as we can say that betting turn isn't usually for value, it must be to charge Xh. But the worthwhileness of protection is probably cancelled out because of the the times we get c/r...we proabably get c/r a not dissimalar proportion of the time to the times villain actally has the Xh and will pay price to draw.

So, er, Goddamit, why didn't you check turn?

As played, the mr nearly gives us direct odds to fill up so I guess push is right considering $18 dead money.

tarheeljks
06-22-2007, 09:58 PM
i see no reason to push here; hero is getting excellent odds to fill up.

Chomp
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is short.

Emperor Norton
06-22-2007, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is short.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's pot-committed, so there's no reason to put in the last $9 when we're probably behind. If we wanted to put the last of our money in regardless of whether we made a boat, we could call and commit to call any non-four-flush river, and it would be better than a shove. But I think that would still be -EV.

WHITEBOYAEHS
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
i think hands like this you just have to payoff, curse shortstacks, curse online poker for being rigged, and reload

Chomp
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Excellent point Emperor, I totally missed that.

HighSteaks
06-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I think it's a check (typed bet is ok about 5 times). If the river pairs and he has a flush you will get paid off to some extent, the rest of the time you are going to lose around $8 on the river I guess, maybe even pick off the odd bluff.

sirklas
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Turn is a c/f. As played after his raise it`s a fold IMO, because we have to put him on a flush (perhaps Q,A d). Assuming that, we don`t have the right odds, to call his min. raise for improving to a fullhouse on the river. It doesn`t matter if villian is short or not. It is dead money IMO.

sirklas

Check_The_Nuts
06-22-2007, 11:23 PM
lol fold he's too short. He has a flush here 100% of the time. Man fish play so bad....

edit: gah should just do the EV calculation on calling the turn. He always has a flush, I just think its -EV to call since he only has 30 back.