PDA

View Full Version : Micro NL 6-max Session Reviews

LordBrun
06-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Fellow 2p2ers! Not long ago I heard about something called Session Reviews being held here on 2p2. It's basically players pairing up to review eachothers sessions. During a period of two weeks hand histories are exchanged for evaluation. After reviewing, players meet up on AIM to discuss hands that were interesting. The benefit of doing session reviews as suppose to reviewing single hands is that the reviewer gets a feel of the table and it's players. It's much easier to put yourself in the shoes of the person playing the hand when reviewing the whole session.

I contacted both AussieBattler and threads13 to learn more. They have been organizing Session Reviews in the past and knows a lot about it. Session Reviews have regrettably been confined to the Small Stakes Micro section and the Full Ring NL section. When I told threads13 what type of games I was playing he suggested that I post in this forum to see if there is any interest for NL SH Session reviews(I suspect there will be /images/graemlins/smile.gif). For now, this thread will serve to determine whether there actually is an interest. I might also add that while Im more than willing to do what I can to contribute to the community and to make people aware of this great learning tool, Im not prepared to run this myself. For the Session Reviewing to be effective, people have to be matched properly.

Anyways, If you think this is something for you, say so and dont be shy. Should there be a big interest, I'm sure that the details surrounding this project will work themselves out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, be sure to read AussieBattler's Session Review FAQ for MicroLimit Full Ring and all the linkys:

FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=micro&Number=4918296&fpar t=&PHPSESSID=)

/LB

Gelford
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
We had these in the past when uNL didn't exist and the microballers where posting in SSNL

I don't remember it as being very popular nor beneficial actually.

LordBrun
06-22-2007, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We had these in the past when uNL didn't exist and the microballers where posting in SSNL

I don't remember it as being very popular nor beneficial actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, not very popular? I cant talk out of experience since Ive never tried it but from what Ive read so far I dont see any downside to it.

Gelford
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Well if you are willing to do the work of drawing lots and arranging it, I'm sure EMc or Matrix will sticky it etc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

deal
06-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I think this is a pretty cool idea, although it would need quite a committment from both parties to be worthwhile.

Im not playing for the next week but I'm up for reviewing someone if they want to send me their session, and I'll send mine when I start playing again.

Triggerle
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd be happy to review a 100-150 hand session of nl25 or nl50. I'm not playing right now so I can't send a session of mine. PM if interested.

LordBrun
06-23-2007, 03:50 AM
bump

ciro bonano
06-23-2007, 04:20 AM
I've done this a few times in the micro limit section, and it was really helpful. Obviously both parties need to commit some time to it, but it is able to plug a lot of leaks in your game. The micro section also had a system with two levels, so session review veterans and rookies were separated.

I think your best bet is to just start it, make an announcement, PM a mod so it can be stickied and let people sign up (including the level they play).

Jzo19
06-23-2007, 04:27 AM
ive never done anything like this but im down to try it out ....

LordBrun
06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've done this a few times in the micro limit section, and it was really helpful. Obviously both parties need to commit some time to it, but it is able to plug a lot of leaks in your game. The micro section also had a system with two levels, so session review veterans and rookies were separated.

I think your best bet is to just start it, make an announcement, PM a mod so it can be stickied and let people sign up (including the level they play).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I might do that after all.

Bowlboy
06-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Posting videos is likely to be the new wave. That way you can get comments from lots of people on specific hands and overall game. In theory it's a good idea, but sometimes the person reviewing your sessions may have major leaks themselves. Not only that, but people(we) are lazy. Videos are easy to watch along and just make a few notes on key hands.

bozzer
06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
i think it would be good to get session review clubs going in small groups of maybe 4 posters so that there is a mixture of advice and so more experienced posters can get something out of it.

sessions could certainly included videos as well as hand histories.

LordBrun
06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it would be good to get session review clubs going in small groups of maybe 4 posters so that there is a mixture of advice and so more experienced posters can get something out of it.

sessions could certainly included videos as well as hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that an experienced player will benefit even if his sparring partner is a novice. Reviewing someones play forces you to think hard about the game. Working in groups sounds like a great idea though.

Videos are a great tool. Instead of just being reviewed by your review partner(or group), the whole forum can participate and a lot of people can give their take on your play.

I think we are making progress here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LordBrun
06-23-2007, 12:48 PM
How to make a video:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3718552/site_id/1#import

bozzer
06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe that an experienced player will benefit even if his sparring partner is a novice. Reviewing someones play forces you to think hard about the game. Working in groups sounds like a great idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I enjoy session reviewing, but i want my session to be reviewed by at least respected poster who plays my stakes ideally. obviously we're all micro players and there's not that much difference, but I'd certainly be keener to join in if this sort of grouping was in effect.

bozzer
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
actually i don't mind running this myself. if you are interested (you don't have to confirm yet), pm me or reply to this thread. specify the stakes you play and your rough lifetime number of uNL hands in the brackets 1-20k, 20k-75k, 75k+.

also if you *can't* review sessions using video, note that.

LordBrun
06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually i don't mind running this myself. if you are interested (you don't have to confirm yet), pm me or reply to this thread. specify the stakes you play and your rough lifetime number of uNL hands in the brackets 1-20k, 20k-75k, 75k+.

also if you *can't* review sessions using video, note that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice initiative bozzer! You should contact one of the mods to get a sticky up.

LordBrun
06-24-2007, 05:16 AM
bump it up

LordBrun
06-24-2007, 09:41 AM
up again

monkover
06-24-2007, 10:09 AM
stop bumping it, if people arenīt really interested just let it go or get it stickied.

LordBrun
06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stop bumping it, if people arenīt really interested just let it go or get it stickied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill dude. Since there are so many posts on this forum I figured I should bump a couple of times so a lot of people got a chance to read it. Whats it to you if I bump the thread a few times? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Check_The_Nuts
06-24-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah this forum has a lot of traffic. I'd be willing to review two-three sessions of 25NL for some people or just one person, it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm in the respected poster bin for getting my session reviewed. I'd prefer whoever did it didn't play at ultimatebet because I tend to [censored] with tags a fair bit. I should really be taking shots at 100NL right now, just to give ppl an idea of where I am at.

I play 50NL. Prob. don't play enough hands but I have a sick winrate lately (running hot? I dunno...). Well over 75k+ lifetime hands. I worked my roll from $50 to where it is now starting at 5NL.

DannyOcean_
06-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd like to participate in a peer review, but i prefer sweat session much more. I can sweat or be sweated for about an hour for two tables, and then review any and all interesting hands from the session. Sweat can be phone or AIM, i've done both.

I like doing this better because of the real-time aspect it has. Just gives you a better feel for making decisions, imo. I'll send a couple PMs to people in this thread, and anyone who is interested in sweat sessions pls PM me. I play on FT and I have an account on stars as well.

DannyOcean_
06-24-2007, 12:46 PM
forgot to include my basic info:

I play NL25. I've worked my way up from NL5 and have about 75K-ish hands total in the micros. Hopefully going to be headed to NL50 soon.

I consider myself a proven winner in these games, although i still make lots of mistakes so my actual winrate is somewhat lower than i like (i'm not beating the game for 15ptbb/100, although i wish i was).

I play on FTP and occassionally on stars, and can sweat on just about any site. Again, PM me if interested in sweat sessions.

Ikaika
06-24-2007, 12:47 PM
you guys could use Ventrilo for your sweat sessions as long as each of you has a microphone. Its way clearer than the phone and way more convenient than typing everything while playing.

LordBrun
06-24-2007, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to participate in a peer review, but i prefer sweat session much more. I can sweat or be sweated for about an hour for two tables, and then review any and all interesting hands from the session. Sweat can be phone or AIM, i've done both.

I like doing this better because of the real-time aspect it has. Just gives you a better feel for making decisions, imo. I'll send a couple PMs to people in this thread, and anyone who is interested in sweat sessions pls PM me. I play on FT and I have an account on stars as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweat sessions sounds like a great idea aswell. While some people might not be comfortable with talking to a stranger over the phone there is always the keyboard /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Im not sure what its like to talk overseas with ventrilo/skype etc though.

Ikaika
06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
its basically like sitting and talking to someone face to face, the quality is really really good.

LordBrun
06-24-2007, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its basically like sitting and talking to someone face to face, the quality is really really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive used ventrilo quite a bit and unless the server is balls youre good to go. When the distance is great, like Europe-US, do you know if that has a major inpact on the quality of the chat?

Ikaika
06-24-2007, 01:54 PM
it shouldn't since its all digital. You can actually run the server on your own computer, it takes like zero resources and is a breeze to set up.

MARK R
06-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I am interested in doing something like this.

bozzer
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
one more bump because we nearly have enough people to run this. if i get a couple more interested people we'll go ahead, and I'll pm the mods so they can consider stickying.

Mark R please give the details I requested. Other people who expressed an interest in this before I joined the thread, please confirm you interest.

JAgrazy
06-25-2007, 12:01 PM
i'm also interested in sweat sessions

i'm playin NL10 6max on stars

holdme
06-25-2007, 01:52 PM
i'd be interested, but i can't play much at all
lol working 70 hours a weekaments
sundays are usually pretty good
i like the sweat idea. i play 25nl atm

LordBrun
06-26-2007, 04:56 AM
up some more

dimeetrees
06-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Ill do a session review for anyone who wants to go over hands that they'd like someone elses objective opinion and advice on. You can send me a txt file with all the hands you'd like reviewed or even a PT database and Ill be glad to send back comments, advice, and opinion on overall play and/or specific hands. Ill do 1000 hands at a time for PT Databases. I regularly do this after every session of mine and I find it helps a lot to step back and take perspective on things.

PM ME or email dstrunin@gmail.com with a small bio about yourself and a txt file with hands or a database.

Also, if this is going to happen, it would be great if there were peer reviews about people on whether other people think their advice is good or bad and has improved or worsened their results.

Panic__NL
06-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I like this idea very much and would like to participate. PM follows.
Holidays are almost starting, so I have plenty of time to do this.

jk1986
06-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi, I'm interested in joining this, nl50 on crypto.

jk1986
06-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Also, you probably all seen this already, but just in case:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10182733 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10182733&an=0&page=0#Pos t10182733)

LordBrun
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you probably all seen this already, but just in case:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10182733 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10182733&an=0&page=0#Pos t10182733)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another great tool for Session Reviewing. Im jealous of people playing on the sites that are supported /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LordBrun
06-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Ive recorded and uploaded a video from one of my 20NL sessions. No audio in this one so no comedy value except for a few erratic plays from the opponents here and there. Im not sure if anyone wants to watch it but here goes:

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=0HAUO8IQ

Im not really sure where Im supposed to be posting this kind of thing. I recall a video thread but cant seem to find it.

If someone wants to do an exchange of videos and do some reviewing, PM me for contact details.

/PM

MARK R
06-28-2007, 04:22 AM
bozzer said he wanted details so here goes

Currently Playing NL20 with a bankroll of about $300. I cant play any lower than this as I just start to spew. In the past I have have mostly tried short stacking poker but now looking to do things corretly with propper BR managment. I have been playing for about 4 years now and have played over 75k+ hands. I have played limits from 10c/20c to $25/$50 I know I like to gamble. Although I never had a losing session at $25/$50. I would like people to review my sessions and I dont mind looking over other peoples sessions.

Mark.

dimeetrees
06-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Mark, poker isn't about the money, its about making good decisions, u gotta be able to beat the lowest levels IMHO and develop that discipline if you want to make it at higher levels.

The standard is 20 buy ins for proper bankroll managment, so you might want to start there? BTW, what site do u play on? I have never heard of NL20...

Gelford
06-28-2007, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what site do u play on? I have never heard of NL20...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladbrokes has it ... and every other site that runs the microgaming software I'm guessing.

MARK R
06-28-2007, 07:55 AM
It is on the microgaming software that I play NL20.

I do know what the proper BR requirements are but I have never stuck to them before. This time I am going to but I still think 20 is too many for the lower stake tables so here is my plan for moving up.

NL20 Currently 300 move up to 30NL when $450 will not move lower then this level if I lose at this level I will reload.
NL30 Move down to NL20 $250 move Up to NL50 when $750
NL50 Move down to NL30 $600 move up to NL100 when $2000
After this I will move down if I have less than 15buyins for the current level I will move up when I have 20 buyins for the next level.

If I can stick to these and not go on tilt (easier said then done) then I dont think it will be too long before I will be playing NL200.

Markr

Gelford
06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
That is fine Mark .... as long as you move down when you hit your limits. (So no tilting as you say)

tms
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I am also interested in some reviewing, sweat sessions, etc. I play 25NL on FTP. Also I think everyone in this thread should try and meet in the uNL IRC channel, Link to thread here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8868094&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD).

edit: link didn't work

cooker3
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I would be very interested in this.
I play 25nl on stars currently and also full tilt, when I get through this stars bonus I will be going back to full tilt.
I am actually overbankrolled for it but are starting to multitable and want to get used to it before I move to 50nl which should be in the next week or 2.
I have done 25k hands at it, most of my bankroll comes from tournament winnings but converting to cash games now.

Peter Harris
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, I used to take part in the SSSH limit session reviews, and they were great when both parties involved in the swap got fully involved. I ended up reviewing about 5k hands for a couple of guys on the back of it, and it's as educational for the reviewer as the person being reviewed.

I'm interested in this - I'd be in the NL50 bracket, have played only 15k hands so far. Could review videos but am as happy reviewing raw data files.

Pete H.

Shizzle12345
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
can anyone take a little time and review some hands here :P

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post10972562 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10972562&page=0&vc=1#Pos t10972562)

bozzer
06-28-2007, 11:04 AM
ok, I'm just putting the initial groups together now.

Shizzle12345
06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
can i join too?

MARK R
07-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Bozzzer.

You said you where getting the group together but I have yet to hear anything. Have you now lost interest and I should I find another way to find someone to review my sessions.

Thanks Mark

bozzer
07-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Mark, see the stickied thread and the following thread, both of which were at the top of the forum for several days.

MARK R
07-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Woops had not been checking the forum was just checking this thread and my PM's. Will get into this now.

Thanks a lot for sorting this out.

Mark

infinite_loop
07-13-2007, 06:14 AM
I'd like to get into this as well. I have a headset and experience with Ventrilo as well and I agree that talking about hands over that would accelerate learning and exchange by a lot.