PDA

View Full Version : $25 i suspect i am being bluffed but i have an underpair

bozzer
06-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $46.25
BB: $29.10
UTG: $121.15
CO: $82.05
Hero (BTN): $29.55

Reads: <font color="blue">what does villain have? 60/3 but a bit better postflop. capable of 2 barrel turn and river bluff.
</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, UTG calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.55) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($13.05) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.25</font>, Hero folds

i was close to not cbetting this flop because i felt villain was might be about to play back at a cbet. can you give some ideas what villain might turn up with here or is this a) too situational b) too random because of opponent?

Nick C
06-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I think that once you get to the river, you might as well call again (especially given that the bet is so small). I'd probably just let him have it on the turn, though.

Or maybe not. It would depend on how stubborn I was feeling, really, and also on my impression of Villain's postflop play.

Anyway, I think Villain's range is basically huge, and you're losing to all of the made hands except worse PPs, but within that range are quite a few busted straight draws (AQ/QJ/Q9/J9/98/86) he could have. That's a lot of hands.

SykoraG
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Stop playing with instinct and start playing with hand ranges (although he MAY be bluffing here, his range consists of so many cards its not worth it). The only reasonable line I could ever take is raising UTG's donk bet on the TURN if he has a very high turn aggression. If not the turn is definately a fold and wait for a better spot. Getting yourself into these marginal situations is so -ev because a 60/3 is going busto against any of your made hands.

Erik W
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Fold turn and play back in a better spot.
At best he has a ton of outs against you and you are likely behind 65%+ of the times and then you have 2 outs.

creamfillin
06-22-2007, 07:26 PM
raise the turn then
this is really bad imo

SuchaDonk
06-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree that you should be raising or folding to the villain's turn bet here; merely calling allows your opponent to improve cheaply when he's semibluffing, and may induce him to bluff on the river when he doesn't improve. Inducing a bluff is bad if you're not willing to call it.

Raising the turn here will be profitable against some very aggressive opponents, but if you don't know whether or not your opponent is very aggressive, a fold is probably much better.

However, as played, I think a river call is profitable. If he's bluffing more frequently than about 20% of the time, you'll profit by calling. I think it's very reasonable to believe you're better than 20% of villain's range on the river.

bozzer
06-23-2007, 06:07 AM
i thought i might not get any good comments on this hand but i did, so cheers.

i don't like how i played this hand; i probably should have just folded the turn. my plan was to take the good odds i was getting to see if he was just taking a stab on the turn and we could check it down on the river. raising would be pretty bad vs this player.

the river is quite close, but I think I'm behind more than 1 in 5 times.

corsakh
06-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Why are you calling the turn?

bozzer
06-23-2007, 06:14 AM
i just said... or are you grunching?

corsakh
06-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Sorry I did not read your last message.

GtrHtr
06-23-2007, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $46.25
BB: $29.10
UTG: $121.15
CO: $82.05
Hero (BTN): $29.55

Reads: <font color="blue">what does villain have? 60/3 but a bit better postflop. capable of 2 barrel turn and river bluff.
</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, UTG calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.55) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($13.05) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.25</font>, Hero folds

i was close to not cbetting this flop because i felt villain was might be about to play back at a cbet. can you give some ideas what villain might turn up with here or is this a) too situational b) too random because of opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this hand is that you are range, odds and everything else wise so behind after the flop ur just "hoping" to crush a bluff. Now go back and list out those hands and make a new decision. IOW you have 55 not AA.

These kinds of hands and 100nl and below, and probably at 200nl and below, based on my experience, are pure spew AFTER the flop. IOW, onced called on the turn, fold and put the hand out of ur mind.

GL