PDA

View Full Version : $25 turn decision

bozzer
06-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $8.75
BB: $24.05
UTG: $33.40
MP: $23.10
CO: $52.90
Hero (BTN): $28.45

Reads: <font color="blue">no hud, but villain is an 8 tabling tag.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.85</font>, Hero calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($2.80) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00, SB folds

Turn: ($6.80) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $6.00</font>, Hero ?

preflop is kind of close but i'm happy with it.

I could have raised this flop but it seems quite likely to have hit him, so with SB still to act I just called.

I think raising folding or calling are all viable on the turn. which is best?

knowledgeORbust
06-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I hate this spot.
Calling and raising are both tricky versus TAG's, past history or PokerAce stats would help the decision too.

Thinking about this is a close decision, but in actual play I think I'm raising here most of the time and calling the rest (unless he's a super-nit and/or never bluffs), and I particularly like a mini-raise for some reason.

What's your image here, btw?

bozzer
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, forgot to mention that I stacked him on another table when he 3bet my EP raise with AK, I held aces and just called, flopped a set and slowplayed him on a dry flop.

also I seem to remember doing something bluffy to him before this hand.

i ran around 21/17 in the session.

overall then: thinking, trappy, tricky probably. but he might not be watching very carefully since he's 8 tabling.

BevillTheDevil
06-22-2007, 04:19 PM
i probably wouldnt call pf id rather 3bet or fold...As played id probably raise flop, this isnt a great hand for villian to be cbeting but i think we have some FE plus we arent really gettin good odds to make this a call...as played on flop it seems if we raise turn it pretty much pot commits us and w/ the A hittin if villian has &lt;Ax probably is not callin our raise. I think a raise on turn probably folds out everything we beat and gets called pretty much only by hands that beat us sooo id just call the turn and try to get to SD cheap if we dont hit the flush.

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 04:20 PM
You might be happy with preflop, but I'm not. TAGs typically have wide CO ranges, so if you wanna play the hand then fine. However, re-raise the sucker. Gain innitiative in the pot along with your positon (innitiative + position = sexy time). This is good for so many reasons. FE right there, being able to cbet the flop, getting a crazy image, etc. If you call to simply raise villain on a lot of flops as a bluff, then calling preflop is not so bad. I don't know what your reason was. Calling preflop for implied odds hoping you'll hit a big hand is very bad.

Raise the flop. Villain could be cbetting a lot of hands he will lay down to a raise. Also raising is really cool with this kind of hand because sometimes villain will just flat call, but then you are the agressor and he checks to you on the turn. Thus you get two cards, AND tons of fold equity.

Turn is a call. If we don't improve on the river and villain fires a fourth barrel, then its a fold cuz TPNK simply won't be good on this board. If we hit a flush we obv shove. If it blanks or we hit trips/8 on the river and villain checks, we should definitley consider value betting.

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but he might not be watching very carefully since he's 8 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. The hud stats he has on you are all that matters here.

Lurker.
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
raise preflop, raise flop, as played call the turn/re-eval.

Vern
06-22-2007, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, forgot to mention that I stacked him on another table when he 3bet my EP raise with AK, I held aces and just called, flopped a set and slowplayed him on a dry flop.

also I seem to remember doing something bluffy to him before this hand.

i ran around 21/17 in the session.

overall then: thinking, trappy, tricky probably. but he might not be watching very carefully since he's 8 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nit: The case Ace comes on the flop when one player has AK and the other AA and that is considered a dry flop?

To answer the original question, I think just call here. A worse hand than mine unlikely to call a raise if he may respect me and a re-raise means I am drawing. I call the turn bet and re-evaluate on the river. (Note your kicker died with the turn card, you are playing a naked ace or drawing to the nuts here)

ama0330
06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
The gap concept makes preflop very close and I think I would prefer a fold. It keeps you out of precisely the kind of trouble you are in on the turn. I like a flop raise too, I would rather spend $6 on a flop raise than have to call the turn bet.

As played you almost have to call the turn because you are so under-repped, but its difficult to put him on a one pair hand that would play like this which you beat. I'd probably fold it.

bozzer
06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you call to simply raise villain on a lot of flops as a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, basically.

For some reason at the time I didn't want to 3bet this.

I am of course intending to raise quite a lot of flops. I maybe should have raised this one. It is quite a likely flop to hit him though. heads up I probably would have raised.

anyone think SB's presence makes this a call? possibility of him calling to give me nice odds + possibility of him having a monster and losing a lot of money if I raise?

bozzer
06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nit: The case Ace comes on the flop when one player has AK and the other AA and that is considered a dry flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

renit: there were no draws.

[ QUOTE ]
gap concept

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i quoted this in a reply the other day. is it really relevant to deep stacked pokah?