PDA

View Full Version : Roberts: First Religious Freedom decision.

MidGe
02-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Interesting?

ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=1644314&page=1)

chezlaw
02-22-2006, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
believe they can understand God only by drinking the tea twice a month at four-hour ceremonies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can we found a religon that can only understand god by gambling online?

chez

MidGe
02-22-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you preaching? You nearly convinced me! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OTOH doesn't it indicate that there is no harm in the substance, that there must be another "hidden" reason for banning it at large?

chezlaw
02-22-2006, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you preaching? You nearly convinced me! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OTOH doesn't it indicate that there is no harm in the substance, that there must be another "hidden" reason for banning it at large?

[/ QUOTE ]
Our god wont let us come to harm by worshiping him so any argument that conludes with it being harmfull must be faulty.

I think I understand GodBoy's way of reasoning! now if you'll excuse me I must go pray.

chez

MidGe
02-22-2006, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Our god wont let us come to harm by worshiping him so any argument that conludes with it being harmfull must be faulty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Loosing must be variance and variance must just be a test. I am starting to see the light!

yukoncpa
02-22-2006, 07:50 AM
I’ve been worshiping the poker God’s now for going on seven years. They’ve comforted me in my times of sorrow and need, but smite me when my human greed and impatience overcome my humility. I think one of our first orders of business should be to work on the tax status ( or exemption thereof) of our new religion. Surely our new chief justice would be sympathetic to our plight as humble worshipers.

chezlaw
02-22-2006, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I’ve been worshiping the poker God’s now for going on seven years. They’ve comforted me in my times of sorrow and need, but smite me when my human greed and impatience overcome my humility. I think one of our first orders of business should be to work on the tax status ( or exemption thereof) of our new religion. Surely our new chief justice would be sympathetic to our plight as humble worshipers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its tax exempt in all countries that have seen the Word.

chez

yukoncpa
02-22-2006, 07:54 AM
We're still backwards heathens here in the colonies.

Prodigy54321
02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
I love how the governement is now deciding what is a "sincere religious practice" and what is not.

I'm going to start a religion that worships me as GOD, then say that you have to smoke weed to be one with me, then get the supreme court to say that we can smoke weed. Then EVERYONE who smokes weed will join my religion and worship me as GOD....It's going to be great /images/graemlins/grin.gif