PDA

View Full Version : 10NL, set lost value or well played?

AJGibson
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
No solid reads, villian is not a total muppet,

Hero (SB): $9.90
BB: $25.00
UTG: $5.20
CO: $8.90
BTN: $2.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, BB calls $0.20
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to BB

Flop: ($0.60) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BB calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.80) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, BB calls $1.00

River: ($3.80) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Pot Size: $7.80 ($0.75 Rake)

Genz
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Bet 1.5 on the turn.
River is ok. I don't think that villain will call a raise with a weaker hand.

deal
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Pretty scary board - I'd be delighted to win anything here and certainly wouldn't want to make the pot too big, so many draws came home I'd even think about folding this river, but a check call is fine.

Your hand is pretty much a bluff catcher here - if he is betting this river with anything less than a straight he is basically bluffing.

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I probably bet/fold river because villain is calling with any top pair or better, but only raising flushes/straights.

The c/c line sucks I think, cuz it lets villain instead of you decide when a bet gets in. Meaning if villain has like KQ here he will probably check behind, but he would have put a bet in if you had bet. But, if villain has a flush, he is obv gonna bet and you're gonna have to call. So whats gonna happen here if you check is villains gonna mostly check behind when you have the best hand, but put in a bet some of the time, and a majority of that time you are gonna be beat I think. KJ won't even bluff here cuz it just picked up some showdown value.

I bet $2.5 on the river here and fold to any raise. As played I think the $2 bet is a pretty obvious value bet from at least a straight/set/flush, so I think you can fold to it actually. All you beat here is a bluff, and I can't imagine this 1/2 pot bet being one.

MortenTA
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Fiksdal is pretty spot on here.. Bet fold ftw

deal
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
The reason I liked the check call is that is costs the same as the bet / fold but stops the villain being able to bluff us off the hand if he is tricky.

I like your points though will think on it, ty sir.

Supwithbates
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Bet/fold is better if villain will call more hands than he bets with.
Check/call is better to own the villains that love to float and bluff.
Bet/fold is in general the much better line at stakes like 10nl.
Mixing in check/call becomes a lot better at 50NL+...
Many villains will bluffraise this board so bet/fold becomes uberexploitable

Disconnected
06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Bet more on the turn. Since you don't have reads (and villain presumably doesn't have reads on you), bet again on the river. You'll get calls from many hands you beat that would have checked behind. If villain is tricky/ballsy enough to bluff raise, more power to him, but since he's called down the whole way, I'm pretty sure if he raises, he's got the goods.

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many villains will bluffraise this board

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly can't remember this every happening at uNL.

Disconnected
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You quoted me, but I didn't say that /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Edit: n/m, I see it was from the post above mine.

deal
06-22-2007, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With good reason - I tried it once at 25NL on a very similar board for 250BB and got called by a set of sevens. It still hurts to this day.

Vern
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Grunch:

I like a $1.90 bet (1/2 pot) on the river. That J sucked, and I am folding to a raise all in as nothing is raising that river board that I beat with a set. One of the few times I would consider folding a set. But a lot of hands that might check behind like QT, QJ, JT might call with two pair.

Post Grunch: Totally missed it, I agree, the $1 turn bet was too weak. I think $1.2-$1.5 would have been better.