PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Flopped Top Set possible mistake @ turn...line check please

RandomHand
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Villain is pretty much unknown, 52/17/1.9 after ~100 hands. Hero is 17/13/3.3 for the same number of hands. I feel that I may have set myself up to be bluffed, but would like some opinions of a possible line to take here...

Thanks for the help.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $116.90
CO: $70.70
Button: $48
SB: $45.70
BB: $24.65

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.25, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $12</font>...

Middelemiel
06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Maybe bet more on flop??? I guess 1/2 pot shows some weakness, and CO might try to get you off the hand with the club as a scarecard...

Chomp
06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Your bets on the flop and turn are too small IMO.

Is the turn bet designed to invite a raise? One way or the other I make it $5 to go on flop and probably $9 on the turn. I think betting turn here is necessary on this board, and I'd be calling a shove or if just called vb'ing river absent a 4th club/other unexpected disaster.

As played, I think shove over his rr, and you are in pretty good shape against AxXc, AX, AT, Paint/Paint cc etc.

TheSalche
06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't know if shoving over the RR is the best play here since we're deep here. Obviously don't fold, your real decision on the hand here is what to do on the river. I'd probably be willing to check/call a half-pot bet, but not much more. Going for the check/raise if you fill up is another possibility, but riskier.

Oh and your flop and turn bets are miserably weak. Bet 5 on the flop and 2/3 pot turn

bored
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
One mistake was on the flop only betting half pot.

Your turn bet was comically small. It will get called by any reasonably big /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Anyway with top set, just find a way to get the money in, which here means big bets. If he has something he will call, and if he has nothing then you wouldn't have won anything from him anyway by making small bets.