PDA

View Full Version : Nice turn card in blind-war... stackadonk or lead again?

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
<font color="blue">Villain is 27/9/2.25 over 55. He has been floating my cbets some, mostly successfully.

I've been running 30/24/25.</font>

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
UTG+1: $51.50
CO: $63
Button: $57.80
Hero: $90.80
BB: $31.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9, 2 players)

CRAI or lead for 7ish?

Ikaika
06-22-2007, 11:16 AM
If he's been real floaty then CR is good here for sure. He probably won't give you a lot of credit since you could just be playing back at him with that insane aggro.

bozzer
06-22-2007, 03:44 PM
not a grunch:

i think this is very close and hence situational. maybe with your read a cr is good, especially with his stack size.

OP, what is your long term vpip/pfr? you always seem to be running loose in your posts...

edit: why did you pot the flop?

Vern
06-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Grunch:

What have you done when he floated you before? Do it again. If you checked, he bet and you folded, check with intention of CRAI. If previous flop floats had you betting again on the turn and he raised and you fold, bet the same % as before hoping he will raise you.

Jouster777
06-22-2007, 03:51 PM
scared weak lead is an option too

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not a grunch:

i think this is very close and hence situational. maybe with your read a cr is good, especially with his stack size.

OP, what is your long term vpip/pfr? you always seem to be running loose in your posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on my mood and the table. Usually I run like maybe 26/21. If I'm tired/unfocused or the table is loose/likely to play back at me, I typically tighten up to something like 20/17.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: why did you pot the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]¨

I pot the flop cuz that's what I usually do when the pot is &lt; 10bb. If I have AA here I pot because of the huge differnece those few extra cents make in the final pot size. Betting less with your marginal hands would be very exploitable, thus I always pot when betting into small pots

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't think of that. Actually, anyone like betting $0.5 here?

bozzer
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against a thinking player i would put out 1/3P quite a bit. not 0.5 though, that's just silly.

i like 26/21 btw.

Vern
06-22-2007, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because I think this guy calls a weak lead if he has not seen you do that before. You fail to get value by getting him to bet/raise a real value. I think I just play the same game as the previous times he floated my cbet and then go for his throat /images/graemlins/smile.gif if he acts predicitably.

Check_The_Nuts
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
lol a scared weak lead is 3 dollars not 50 cents.

If you've been double barrelling him some lately I like the double barrel. If you've been a pussy and keep checking without the goods and betting with I like a check/raise.

I would normally bet about 5 here. If he doesn't have the Ac he's probably going to want to raise. If he does he's probably going to call, so play accordingly.

BevillTheDevil
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
esp given image id just led again, 7ish sounds good...IMO if villian doesnt have a big hand your only gona get a float bet from him w/ a c/r. Whereas if he has a mediocre hand will probably call a turn bet and possibly on other streets. IMO c/r on turn is gona look scary and get villian to fold out alot of hands.