PDA

View Full Version : Expert spewer yo?

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $35.50
Hero (BB): $74.80
UTG: $27.05
MP: $16.55
CO: $13.00
BTN: $50.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, BTN calls $8.00

Turn: ($25.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)

Fire another bullet?

Preflop/flop: I do this every once in a while with ATC against button raisers. Usually against TAGs. This villain was unkwon though. Is it spew?

corsakh
06-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Just hope that he sucks at valuebetting.

juggler97531
06-22-2007, 08:33 AM
if he called your c/r it means he has something and likely is not going to fold it.
as you will have to fold to his raise if you bet. c/c small bet or c/f bigger one.

and this king of play against unknown is a spew i think.
Against TAG i think it is good against 22/18 but meh against 18/10 alike.

hennnerz
06-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I dont like it against unknown OP. Against some TAGs its OK but you may get some people coming over the top on this board too.

C4LL4W4Y
06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Very very read dependent. In general though I try to avoid this move against guys that bet/call a wet flop.

Fiksdal
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very very read dependent. In general though I try to avoid this move against guys that bet/call a wet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude I didn't know anything about villain

SykoraG
06-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Decent line if villain is a known cbetter or just to try and show aggression and bluff. As played you need to check behind and hope for an ace / club on the river. Your club outs are concealed and can really be used on the river if you hit as an all in push to represent a bluff. Since he called your flop raise you can bet he has a strong hand here most of the time (assume avg villain).

C4LL4W4Y
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude I didn't know anything about villain

[/ QUOTE ]

Right dude, had you given a read i wouldn't have said 'very very read dependent'. Then a general response afterwards. Hope it helped.

Check_The_Nuts
06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
no way am I betting that card. If he has a made hand, there's now another draw you could have backed into (and did back into). If he has a draw he can semi-bluff push you all in here because its doubtful you often play AQ/KQ/KK/AA like that and sets just don't come up often.

The 2c is probably the least scary card ever to hit for a made hand. He'd also be pushing the flop with some frequency with a draw.

Chomp
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I do this on the flop a lot but not on boards like this and only against very specific types of players and usually when I am pfr'er.

As played, stop now IMO.

Edit: Added last 6 words to first para.

deal
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I've used this line before and I definitely have fired again here. Then I nearly always miss on the river and put out a blocker bet to get him to fold if he was on a heart draw. They then shove and I fold cursing everything.

Not sure why you decided to attack an unknown opponent that hasn't got out of line yet, however these days I much prefer floating the flop and this would be an excellent turn card to lead out on, he will fold if he has air and will probably be confused enough to give you a free peak at the river if he doesn't.

As played this is a check / fold, he seems to have a hand and you're barely 20% to hit on the river. Use the same line next time you have a monster.

bozzer
06-22-2007, 12:55 PM
grunch obv.

I would fold preflop readless (and against nearly all players).

I don't mind going after cbets with ATC, but this sort of flop is only good to do it on IP IMO - too often one of two things will happen: you will be put on a draw and called fairly lightly, or, he will have a draw and be willing to take a card in position.

In position this flop is perfect to make a move on.

As played I double barrel the turn, because I think you'll get called reasonably lightly on the flop. A lot of queens, maybe pocket pairs, and draws are still hanging on. I would be the turn, and a lot of rivers too. I don't expect it to be particularly profitable against an unknown though.

Daniel LeClaire
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I like the play, you just picked a bad board to do it on. There are so many draws you will get calls from, and then you don't know what to do. I'd like it better if the board were drier and not likely to have helped villain.

As played, I think you have to check the turn.

bored
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
IMO, trying fancy plays like this w/o reads is always spew.