PDA

View Full Version : TT with JJ board

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 08:02 AM
nl50 six handed, utg+1 raises to $2 and only hero calls in the button with T /images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villain bets $3, hero calls

turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

villain checks, hero bets $6, villain calls

river: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

villain checks, hero checks.

is it fine?

ty in advance

hennnerz
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I would prefer to 3 bet pre flop. You have position, use it to your advantage. I think the way you played it is OK, maybe a flop raise would be better just incase he is flushdrawing.

I would say that a lot of the time when the hand is played out like this you have the best hand here.

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
ty,actually i was behind him, but i reraise this pf sometimes. im short of bankroll so among the possible ways of playing one hand i choose the the less risky..

theflyingcow
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
You really shouldn't be worrying about any one particular hand affecting your entire bankroll if you're utilizing proper bankroll management. I think it seriously hampers your game and will stunt your winrate more than help it playing underrolled. Drop down to a limit where you have 20 buy-ins and grind it back to NL 50. The hand looks pretty standard.

SykoraG
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I usually fire off a river bet for value against villains weak line, prob around 10 - 12 dollars.

Perk76
06-22-2007, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually fire off a river bet for value against villains weak line, prob around 10 - 12 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about value betting this river also. But what hands do you get a call from that you beat? Maybe a busted flush draw that caught a low pair? Seems like your gonna only be called by the passive QQ/KK/AA/55/maybe AK/AQ trying to snap off your bluff?

Benefits of betting river? Not showing hand if they fold? Losing a bit more to passive over pair? Is there value here?

SykoraG
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I really can't put villain on QQ / KK / AA with how passively he played it, hence my hand to me looks good. You might get a call from a whiffed AK or Ace rag that made two pair. If villain shows me QQ / KK / AA i turn it up to variance and keep a note on how he played it so poorly.

TheSalche
06-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I like betting on the river or raising the flop here. Raising the flop may get QQ-AA to fold if you fire another big one on the turn, betting the river will get value out of small pairs.