View Full Version : straight wit very dangerous board

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 07:52 AM
SB: $24.90
BB: $71.81
UTG: $13.00
CO: $51.56
Hero (BTN): $53.44

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50
Uncalled bet of $0.50 returned to Hero

Flop: ($3) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($9) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $9.00</font>, Hero calls $9.00

Pot Size: $27.00

i suposse it is right?

Genz
06-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out if I like a turn-raise. The A is a beatifull card for you and I wouldn't worry about the flush too much. I really think you should raise it to $9 on the turn. He'll probably call with a lot of worse hands that have few outs. TP, Aces up, Qh etc.

corsakh
06-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Bet flop.

pragmatist
06-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Betting flop is definitely a leak. The line I would take would depend on the player. If he is weak/tight you have to raise turn. Since you have the K of hearts even if he plays back at you I would put it allin on the turn. If he is a lag then I think you played it well. You gave the person a chance to bluff.

corsakh
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting flop is definitely a leak. The line I would take would depend on the player. If he is weak/tight you have to raise turn. Since you have the K of hearts even if he plays back at you I would put it allin on the turn. If he is a lag then I think you played it well. You gave the person a chance to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you saying that betting flop is bad?

MortenTA
06-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I like betting this flop with OESD + overcard + backdoor flush.

I think not betting this flop is more of a leak.

Genz
06-22-2007, 08:52 AM
It's not really bad. But what is it good for, really? IME fold equity is rather minimal and we have great outs. Why get ourselves c/r'ed out of the hand here?

corsakh
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
1) Its ok board to cbet
2) Our hand has no showdown value
3) We have great outs

MortenTA
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IME fold equity is rather minimal and we have great outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

we won't need much fold equity to make betting the flop +EV

Perk76
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I bet the flop almost 100% of the time in this spot. You keep control, build pot if you hit your st8, and you can check behind on the turn as needed based on the card.

I like raising the turn. Build the pot. Make a decision at that point based on the villan. You provided no reads.

As played, you can only call the river. Raising will only get called by the flush/fullhouse.

theflyingcow
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Against, your typical NL 50 player, I think this board on the turn is less dangerous than you think. Though the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif puts 3 to a flush out there, we have the NFD in case our straight is no good. We are also way ahead of villian's range here on the turn, so in my opinion, you can't be paranoid and must raise the turn. Villian could easily have a naked A or have flopped 2-pair or something. If shoved I'd evaluate my pot-odds and play accordingly though I might still call if I think my opponent can overplay a set or two-pair in this manner.

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
i remember billain was an agressive player im i have not bankroll these two conditions is what make me play so conservative the hand. ty for your comments

sloove
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
always play in your comfort zone!

deal
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i remember billain was an agressive player im i have not bankroll these two conditions is what make me play so conservative the hand. ty for your comments

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense sir, and take it or leave it, but it sounds like you're playing as scared money and this is more likely to make you go broke. Drop down a few levels where you are properly rolled (20 buyin min) and grind up. It might seem like it sucks but it sucks less than going broke and not being able to play at all.

I'd cbet this flop as standard and I'd be happy getting it all in on this turn, you have a monster hand and a monster re-draw if you are behind (which I doubt you are).

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
ty for ur advice but with only 100 $ remaining is difficult to find a level that fits me..

bettlejuice
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against, your typical NL 50 player, I think this board on the turn is less dangerous than you think. Though the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif puts 3 to a flush out there, we have the NFD in case our straight is no good. We are also way ahead of villian's range here on the turn, so in my opinion, you can't be paranoid and must raise the turn. Villian could easily have a naked A or have flopped 2-pair or something. If shoved I'd evaluate my pot-odds and play accordingly though I might still call if I think my opponent can overplay a set or two-pair in this manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with that is that im in wpex and with an straigh and a flush possible it is really hard to get action almost all vs that player that seems fairly good.

Bantam222
06-22-2007, 05:43 PM
cbet flop. We are in posision and it builds a pot if we hit. If we miss we can check behind turn and often get a free card.

On the turn, it would be eaiser to get it all in if you had raised the turn, but as played I raise it up here. This gives us the option of playing for stacks, while it will be very tough to get it all in on the river... we also have the nut flush draw.

I am torn between just calling and raising a river...a 3bet would make me barf.

also please move down to 10NL if not 5NL with $100 or else it will soon be in the BR of other 2+2'ers