PDA

View Full Version : Flop Trips river str8 on flush board

MARK R
06-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Hello all,

A hand from yesterday that I am not sure if I played correctly.

Stack Sizes
- CO sitting in seat 1 with $31.46
- Hero sitting in seat 2 with $132.95 [Dealer]
- SB sitting in seat 3 with $12.08
- BB sitting in seat 4 with $40.19
- UTG sitting in seat 5 with $19.80
- Player5 sitting in seat 6 with $20.58 [Sitting out]

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.20
5 players

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :9 /images/graemlins/club.gif :6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG (poster) checks, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: :6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif :7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif :6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.8, 4 players)
SB bets $0.2, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero raises to $1.2SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: :8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.4, 3 players)
SB bets $0.2, UTG calls, Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: :10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($13.4, 3 players)
SB bets $2</font>, UTG raises to $11.37, Hero ??????

Genz
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Raise or fold preflop against that poster. When you call here, you'll have two players with completely random hands seeing the flop.
I don't think that UTG was drawing to a runner runner flush or straight. He either has the case 6 or a FH. The pot is kind of protected and SB is constantly donking and calling. A straight doesn't win against two players here, imo. Fold.

maccamack
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
In play I think that many would call here - don't feel bad about it.

I agree with Genz - this is a fold. You really only beat a bluff. UTG may well be drawing with 89 and have the same straight as you, however, I think it is just as likely that he has a boat. In terms of the way you played it, I don't like your turn raise, either call or make a proper raise.

MARK R
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
You are saying my raise to $3 which is around 2/3 of the pot is too small and I should be raising to around $5 which is the pot. One of the reasons I have raised on the turn is so most times I am checked to on the river or sb will do his small donk bet. If I just call the bet this will give the other two players more chance to bluff at the pot on the river?