PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Did i play this hand well with an over pair + lots of action?

yeedog
06-22-2007, 01:13 AM
MP is 42/0 and SB is 30/3.

The 2 callers on the flop is kind of scary for me. Did one of them hit a set, 2 pair or flopped a straight and now slow playing it is what crossed my mind. Tho I have to discount a flopped straight a bit, I was really thinking more a set or they are on some kind of draw with 1 card to the straight. But i didn't really have anything solid to go on.

The turn was safe and this is pretty much determining the rest of the hand for me. If I value bet say $10 and am called then I'm pretty much committed to getting it in on the river to get value out of a hand like TPTK, no?

We'll probably call the all-in anyways right? So why not just go all-in on the river first.....

Even tho I won the hand I'm not sure if I over played my over pair here. In general is this a go broke situation 100% of the time on the turn? Opinions are appreciated...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($36.90)
Button ($6.65)
SB ($13.95)
Hero ($25.70)
UTG ($32.20)
MP ($32.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25, SB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, MP calls $4.50, CO folds, SB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($19.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10, SB folds.

River: ($39.50) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9.7 (All-In)</font>, MP calls $9.70.

Final Pot: $58.90

C4LL4W4Y
06-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Bet more on the turn, 16-20.

DannyOcean_
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
If you have just 19.7 left on the turn, that's one PSB. go ahead and bet that.

yeedog
06-22-2007, 01:29 AM
if I went all in on the turn what is calling me that I beat tho? Does a hand like AT really call all in here? I would probably fold AT and assume the person all-in had a set if I was in that position.

I've really been trying to think about what hands call when I bet and I'm trying not to bet so much that really the only things that call has me beat.

I figure I bet 10 and would call an all-in or just go all-in on the river. Atleast that way some hands that we beat have the chance to think they area good.

Is this thinking flawed???

DannyOcean_
06-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Meh, i don't think its that much of a difference. Here's the main difference.

We aren't getting away from this hand period. They might. If they have something like a naked 8 on the turn, they might still call a push bc they are both very passive from their stats. Maybe not, but it certainly happens at this level. If we bet small, we are called wider, but the draws that miss the river escape with a few dollars. The opponen's made hands will probably be more sucked in by your bet.

So it's really a question of whether he is drawing or has a 'made hand' type of hand. There's not much of a way to know, which is why both lines work.