PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand folding here

jordiepop
06-22-2007, 01:08 AM
i think a hand like 99-tt plays like this pre flop qq-aa would reraise the majority of the time. no reads on villian

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $45
CO: $59.90
Button: $68.10
Hero: $118.10
BB: $49.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($24.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $33</font>, Hero ?

Lego05
06-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I also don't understand folding here.

jordiepop
06-22-2007, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
everytime im in one of these spots im told. " one pair cant be good here" and all that.

DannyOcean_
06-22-2007, 01:11 AM
I guess we aren't folding then. I don't know how often we are ahead but its sure enough for the pot odds being offered here. 73 dollars in the pot and 17 to call, lololol call.

orange
06-22-2007, 01:13 AM
You should never fold if you bet the turn. Given the size of the pot, the texture of the board, never fold in this situation.

There are, however, other ways of playing it. Others may disagree with me, but I think that cold calling PF is definitely an option (depends on image/opponent/etc). Reraising is also fine of course.

Flop looks pretty standard given PF action.

Turn, easy either bet/call given stacks or check and probably fold, depending on your read. If he's tight, he's not usually going to show up with too much less given this action. But once you bet, you cannot fold.

Yaboosh
06-22-2007, 01:14 AM
orange, you never check/raise this turn? Trap those who may be floating this board (which seems a good board to float)?

Lego05
06-22-2007, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
everytime im in one of these spots im told. " one pair cant be good here" and all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a little different since its a paired flop.

justhetip
06-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Excellent points by orange.
I also disagree about his range, because with high pockets, his reraise might give away too much about the strength of his hand without getting the reward. When it comes back to him, he knows it is just heads up, so why push it even more?

orange
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
orange, you never check/raise this turn? Trap those who may be floating this board (which seems a good board to float)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how many people float in RR-ed pots at these stakes, but even at higher limits with these shallow stacks, I cant really see too much floating going on. Also, I would disagree this is a good board to float on...I would think that most players would shove a draw (if they even got this far, ie. 79s) on the flop.

c/r-ing this turn is sortve meh. I mean, yeah, he could be bluffing, and given stacks there isnt too much manuevering room. But given
-he raised UTG
-this is a RR-ed pot
-he cold called the flop

I would think that this is much more QQ+ than 79s. I would rather have a stronger hand to c/r the turn on I think, where I can easily give free cards (JJ is a bit vulnerable).