PDA

View Full Version : More from Vanessa...I think this proves Aaron is better.

afadeyi
06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Vanessa Rousso Folds Pocket Tens at the Right Time
A player raised all-in from late position for 2,450, Vanessa Rousso called from the button and the big blind raised all-in for 1,100 more. Rousso thought about it for a while and then folded. The big blind turned over and the player in late position showed . The flop didn't help either player. At that point Rousso was upset because she had folded pocket tens. But, her mood changed quickly when a jack came on the turn. /images/graemlins/heart.gifShe let out a sigh of relief. "I guess that was a good lay-down." /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Floker
06-21-2007, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A player raised all-in from late position for 2,450, Vanessa Rousso called from the button and the big blind raised all-in for 1,100 more. Rousso thought about it for a while and then folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif You sure these numbers are correct?

cbloom
06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Aggressive call obv

Bagonirix
06-21-2007, 09:30 PM
retard

Clayton
06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
lol whore-fishaments

DemonDeac
ummm, when you guys have the same tourney winnings as her, then you can talk.

Bonified
As much as we enjoy slating Vanessa, surely those numbers can't be right.

timex
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is awful

RubbishCards
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Maybe calling the last 1100 would have put her all in and she didn't want to risk her tournament life on one pair.

stevepa
06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL donkaments, she is bad

afadeyi
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
regardless of the numbers, her comments are hilarious..."i guess it was a good lay down because I would have lost to the Jack on the turn."

RobBizzle
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhh thats your teammate.

NicksDad1970
06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need to get ahead of ourselves here according to her all we have to have is 5% of her career earnings.

"And as far as Aaron’s evaluation of my play: I might respect his opinion a little more when he has more than 5% of my live tournament career earnings."

Jack Bando
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need to get ahead of ourselves here according to her all we have to have is 5% of her career earnings.

"And as far as Aaron’s evaluation of my play: I might respect his opinion a little more when he has more than 5% of my live tournament career earnings."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing Demon was making a joking reference to this.

olieovie
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive fold obv

[/ QUOTE ]

coxquinn
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive call obv

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand the hate here. Aggressive poker is winning poker. If I were in the $2500 6m tourney I would be looking to make 3b squeezes all the time and put other players to decisions.

Therefore if I am 3betting aggressively and with a wide range, than I will also obviously have to be opening more agressive too. Now only naturally this leads to limping and calling aggressively as well.

This is so clearly the game-plan of the BB. His play of squeezing from the BB is so transparent and it's is obvious he he doing this with a super wide range and just for fold equity.

Therefore it's time to call and put this guy to a decision. AJs is an excellent hand, ESP FOR 6M TOURNEY, and WE ARE IN POSIITON (not after the call action is on him, aka, WE PUT HIM TO A DECISION OUT OF POSITION).

Aggressive call >>> Passive call

It baffles my mind you guys fail to see that.

cbloom
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This goes in the sticky.

DemonDeac
06-21-2007, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing Demon was making a joking reference to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO

ibluffoldladies
06-22-2007, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A player raised all-in from late position for 2,450, Vanessa Rousso called from the button and the big blind raised all-in for 1,100 more. Rousso thought about it for a while and then folded. The big blind turned over and the player in late position showed . The flop didn't help either player. At that point Rousso was upset because she had folded pocket tens. But, her mood changed quickly when a jack came on the turn. /images/graemlins/heart.gifShe let out a sigh of relief. "I guess that was a good lay-down." /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this is what the first post looked like to me. Anybody else confused? I get the post just from the context, just wondering why the display is wrong.

apefish
06-22-2007, 02:24 AM
She apparently likes bold aggressive calls, folds, and boyfriends.

stevepa
06-22-2007, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: change 2p2 password

trixter23
06-22-2007, 03:44 AM
lol

SpaceJanitor
06-22-2007, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. If the numbers are correct, than this is a hideous fold. And that would be equally true if Ivey, Chan, [anyone else] had played the hand like that.

And her results-orientated comment makes it even worse.

edit: btw. apparently LP had AJs and BB had AQo

aramfingal
06-22-2007, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/ovegto/other/cbrownfight.jpg

kerr
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this is what the first post looked like to me. Anybody else confused? I get the post just from the context, just wondering why the display is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same. I tried Firefox, IE, and turned ZoneAlarm off and each time her opponents hands did not show up.

afadeyi
06-22-2007, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive call obv

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand the hate here. Aggressive poker is winning poker. If I were in the $2500 6m tourney I would be looking to make 3b squeezes all the time and put other players to decisions.

Therefore if I am 3betting aggressively and with a wide range, than I will also obviously have to be opening more agressive too. Now only naturally this leads to limping and calling aggressively as well.

This is so clearly the game-plan of the BB. His play of squeezing from the BB is so transparent and it's is obvious he he doing this with a super wide range and just for fold equity.

Therefore it's time to call and put this guy to a decision. AJs is an excellent hand, ESP FOR 6M TOURNEY, and WE ARE IN POSIITON (not after the call action is on him, aka, WE PUT HIM TO A DECISION OUT OF POSITION).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...you're obviously confused

and the hands were aj versus aq she folded 10s

coxquinn
06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive call obv

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...you're obviously confused

and the hands were aj versus aq she folded 10s

[/ QUOTE ]

no you are confused

El Diablo
06-22-2007, 12:00 PM
OP,

"I guess that was a good lay-down."

That's a pretty standard thing to say (usually jokingly) when your opponent ends up getting there after you make a bad laydown.

PITTM
06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/ovegto/other/cbrownfight.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

"There lives Chad Brown. He's still [censored]. I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls! "

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061012/14179__borat_home_l.jpg

afadeyi
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

"I guess that was a good lay-down."

That's a pretty standard thing to say (usually jokingly) when your opponent ends up getting there after you make a bad laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right that im probably being overly critical, but with all the bashing that had been going on I felt that this was as good a time as any to throw this out there. Either way, Coxquinn is still confused...

sketchy1
06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
*insert foot mouth*

gg

RubbishCards
06-22-2007, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like 99% of all other hands reported by any major poker news site, this hand was completely butchered by the reporter

[/ QUOTE ]FYI, the hand posted in this thread happened yesterday, it is not the Aaron Been hand.

afadeyi
06-22-2007, 02:25 PM
im aware that this is from event 35 and the aaron been hand is from event 30

sketchy1
06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
i wasn't, i'm partially retarded.

Army Eye
06-22-2007, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody care to speculate what Vanessa's net tournament winnings are (and assume a standard 50% of the profit to the backer?) I'm willing to bet the number is not very impressive.

06-22-2007, 06:27 PM

TroutMaskReplica
06-22-2007, 10:37 PM
is it possible that, while being a bit of an [censored] at the table, vanessa is maybe catching a bit more crap for it because she's a woman. i mean i tend to believe aaron's version of events, but I play with at least two far bigger douches than vanessa on a weekly basis

brag - i am an englightened man who has never been physically threatened by chad brown
beat - i have less than 5% vanessa's tournament winnings
variance - there are two bigger douches in my regular game and neither are even women

Jack Bando
06-22-2007, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that, while being a bit of an [censored] at the table, vanessa is maybe catching a bit more crap for it because she's a woman. i mean i tend to believe aaron's version of events, but I play with at least two far bigger douches than vanessa on a weekly basis

brag - i am an englightened man who has never been physically threatened by chad brown
variance - there are two bigger douches in my regular game and neither are even women

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she'll catch more crap because she's a woman who is well known for that fact, that she's a woman who some find good looking.

(Besides...Brenes, Molina, Micon, Bellande, Esfandirai all catch crap for being douches. So it's not a gender thing)

TroutMaskReplica
06-22-2007, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she'll catch more crap because she's a woman who is well known for that fact, that she's a woman who some find good looking.

(Besides...Brenes, Molina, Micon, Bellande, Esfandirai all catch crap for being douches. So it's not a gender thing)

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear ya, but show me the 46 page thread about incidents involving any of those guys.

Jack Bando
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
None of the guys I mentioned were actually posting in the thread though. Posting in a thread about you if your not a 2+2ers=INSTA HOTNESS. See the original Brandi thread when it started and whenever she'd post more.

There's a thread about destroy the card protector of UMMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRTOOOO THE CHARK BRENES. Everytime he does anything someone will post about the chrak es hoongry.

TroutMaskReplica
06-22-2007, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
None of the guys I mentioned were actually posting in the thread though. Posting in a thread about you if your not a 2+2ers=INSTA HOTNESS. See the original Brandi thread when it started and whenever she'd post more.

There's a thread about destroy the card protector of UMMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRTOOOO THE CHARK BRENES. Everytime he does anything someone will post about the chrak es hoongry.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, i happen to think the humbero hate is a little OTT too though.

edit:
but he's not a woman so....

Self Made
06-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Aaron Been's live tournament results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=72034)

Vanessa Rousso's live tournament results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=43135)

TroutMaskReplica
06-22-2007, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aaron Been's live tournament results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=72034)

Vanessa Rousso's live tournament results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=43135)

[/ QUOTE ]

>5% looks like!

oh wait!

FieryJustice
06-23-2007, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

>5% looks like!

oh wait!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...I thought vanessa had won a lot more. I am in total shock that people even care about her. Is it because she does lots of dumb stuff or because she gets lots of attention simply because she is a girl? I am so confused. Also, how in the world did she get on ps team?!?

edit: I guess I should make it known that I have played with Vanessa a few times and every time she was always pretty nice and friendly. She does LOVE to claim she made a great laydown every time someone happens to show their hand when she folds. Like once in some Bellagio mtt, she claimed to fold top 2 when the other guy showed a set to little action...m hmm. But yeah...I think it is just sick that all these women get any attention at all in poker simply because they have boobs. There are a few exceptions, oh course. Jen Harman has done quite well for herself in the eyes of the poker community, I think. She seems to be the only one that gets a decent amount of air time that people actually think is good. Another exception is Kathy Kiebert. Sure, she is fairly annoying on tv (shes really nice in real life) but apparently she does something right and gets little to no credit, which I think is sad. Ok...enough ranting. Im going to sleep. I guess I just think it is annoying that in a game like poker, where sex, color, size, etc isnt supposed to matter, it still does quite a bit.

Self Made
06-23-2007, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow...I thought vanessa had won a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's just started her career and she's already 14th on the all-time womens' tournament money list, ahead of Isabelle Mercier, Liz Lieu, Clonie Gowen, Xuyen 'Bad Girl' Pham, Evelyn Ng, Katja Thater, Erica Schoenberg, Linda Johnson, Karina Jett...

shaundeeb
06-23-2007, 02:27 AM
yah after I knocked her out today a reporter told me she was the biggest winner of all females last year lol.

braminc
06-23-2007, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's just started her career and she's already 14th on the all-time womens' tournament money list, ahead of Isabelle Mercier, Liz Lieu, Clonie Gowen, Xuyen 'Bad Girl' Pham, Evelyn Ng, Katja Thater, Erica Schoenberg, Linda Johnson, Karina Jett...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, and jamie gold is leading the male tourney money list all time......
and we'll have a new leader in about a month. big deal, doesnt mean anything anymore with prize pools constantly increasing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FieryJustice
06-23-2007, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We already knew that most women arent good at poker. Thanks for confirming.

Bonified
06-23-2007, 12:06 PM
To be fair, most men are bad at poker too. There may not be much difference in the ratios. It's just that any moderately attractive woman who wants to go down the sponsorship road is catapulted into games that are far too big for her. For example, I don't think Jennifer Tilly is a terrible player, and would probably win at say $300 live tournaments, but when she had a brain freeze on Poker After Dark when surrounded by much better players, it looked really bad.

FieryJustice
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, most men are bad at poker too. There may not be much difference in the ratios. It's just that any moderately attractive woman who wants to go down the sponsorship road is catapulted into games that are far too big for her. For example, I don't think Jennifer Tilly is a terrible player, and would probably win at say $300 live tournaments, but when she had a brain freeze on Poker After Dark when surrounded by much better players, it looked really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

without a doubt, most sponsored players are in WAY over their heads. I am also curious as to how very ugly men get backed by many sites but nonattractive women arent given anything at all. It seems a bit redic. Obviously men (who rule the poker world at the time) dont care about how a guy looks, is the most obvious answer, but I think that is rather sad. I remember thinking a while back while watching some poker shows online as to how some of these guys, who make poker look terrible on tv, actually get their own show (obviously there are a few exceptions. Off the top of my head, Jon Friedberg has a great show on cardplayer tv and he isnt annoying or an [censored]). Ohhh well. Im obviously jealous because they dont give me sponsorships or tv shows simply because im not a loud annoying [censored] at the table. End of rant. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bonified
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Meh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. With your results, you're obviously much better off playing for 100% of yourself, and TV fame/notoriety isn't all it's cracked up to be. Anonymity is a virtue, in this day and age, as Primus said.

afadeyi
06-24-2007, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT