PDA

View Full Version : SB open completes... you raise with ???

Niediam
01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Everybody folds to an average SB player (lets say 30/5/1.0) and he completes the bet. What do you raise with in the BB?

Obviously all the good hands but I'm curious about many of the marginal hands such as small unsuited aces, T9, K8, 22, etc

jbeckern6
01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
i think you should raise any pp and hands with show down value UI (so face cards and A's)

crablegs33
01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
any pair, any ace, or any two ten and up

Fryguy
01-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I'd probably raise any 2 and auto-bet any flop whatsoever.

Average players who don't realize that open-completing is wrong deserve to get outplayed.

Harv72b
01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
It all depends on my table and image and the postflop read (if any) that I have on my opponent. If the guy is weak/tight postflop, I'll raise with pretty much any two (especially if I also have a good table image). If he's a calling station, I'll check through with a lot of hands that I'd raise against better opponents (small PPs primarily), my plan being to fold UI if an overcard comes and he bets. If he's aggressive postflop, and especially if he can't fold after putting in a bet after the flop, I'll check behind with some strong hands as well, planning to make up for a lost bet preflop with additional bets postflop.

Against an unknown, I'm generally raising with any pocket pair, any ace, any king, any two above T, and Q9s.