PDA

View Full Version : God in comparison

reup
06-20-2007, 04:52 AM
I recently went through a depression where I figured out I was repressing some things, call me a vagina whatever.

When I was depressed, I noticed that people who were not depressed, who were generally happy with life because their mind was in order, and dealt with their problems as they came up rather than repressing them down ... seeeemed god-like to me in my trollish mentality. I liken it to a graceful singer in a band as opposed to a more hackish/gross level singer. Subtle differences etc.

Also what I've come to see is that the spiritual path in general, and what 'spiritual' people talk about in their circles is how to open their awareness, because they have shut themselves off somehow, disowned themselves because they hated themselves at some time, or however they practiced aversion from being themselves in their own personological ways.

Sooo, it seems to me, that God is real, but only if you are not God yourself, and if you are already God-like, because you are normal and not retarded, then there's not much to say unless you enjoy talking or arguing.

MidGe
06-20-2007, 06:24 AM
The only thing is to stick to the facts don't take false hopes etc. on board on the say so of others. The facts are that life is cruel and by implication so would any purported creator god be. The freedom, you have, accidentally, as a human being is that you can go against nature and effect a positive change. That realization is illuminating and redeeming at the same time. Give god the shaft, and try to act according to a true morality, your own. No need be vengeful, jealous, subject to road rages (or is it money changers at the temple rage) and other immoral acts and attitude. You can make it against all, including an imaginary, yet obviously not desirable role model, god.

Good luck, enjoy!

reup
06-20-2007, 07:21 AM
hah cool thnx,

yeah i've never been a big on God guy but lately have felt a need to explain my position of no position.

reup
06-20-2007, 07:24 AM
or rather the position of no position. non-duality perhaps?

MidGe
06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or rather the position of no position. non-duality perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah well, it depends how you see your own ability to make a change. The no position, non duality, seems, a lot preferable than siding with a tyrant god, but still seems to lack compassion, empathy, or simple ability to observe what the real world is like.

React1oN
06-20-2007, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing is to stick to the facts don't take false hopes etc. on board on the say so of others. The facts are that life is cruel and by implication so would any purported creator god be. The freedom, you have, accidentally, as a human being is that you can go against nature and effect a positive change. That realization is illuminating and redeeming at the same time. Give god the shaft, and try to act according to a true morality, your own. No need be vengeful, jealous, subject to road rages (or is it money changers at the temple rage) and other immoral acts and attitude. You can make it against all, including an imaginary, yet obviously not desirable role model, god.

Good luck, enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]Great post.