PDA

View Full Version : End of the World in 2060

pokeraz
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
All over the news and really not that interesting I know. However, in this article (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23401099-details/The+world+will+end+in+2060%2C+according+to+Newton/article.do) you'll find this gem of a quote:

"Luckily for modern scientists in awe of his achievements, Newton based this figure on religion rather than reasoning. "

wonderful in so many ways.

NotReady
06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However, in this article you'll find this gem of a quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention this one:
[ QUOTE ]

"This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

[/ QUOTE ]

luckyme
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, in this article you'll find this gem of a quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention this one:
[ QUOTE ]

"This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems to have stopped all the rash conjectures but one. But, he's as good as any to keep on the list of "famous people that religion never screwed up their thinking", since he already had angels pushing planets around anyway.

luckyme