PDA

View Full Version : $25NL AJs SB, fold flop? fold turn?

DMBFan23
06-18-2007, 10:41 PM
readless, just sat.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($18.70)
Button ($7.60)
Hero ($24.75)
BB ($52.30)
UTG ($25)
MP ($22.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, BB calls $1, CO calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($17.85) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7</font>, now what?

KEW
06-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I feel weak but absent a read I let it go on the turn...

crushednuts
06-18-2007, 10:50 PM
this looks like a set to me. Min raise on the flop followed by a smallish bet on the turn. Do you think he would call a raise here w/ AT? I don't think you can beat very much. He may have called w/ AK, AQ oop as well.if you call this bet you are pretty much committing yourself and it looks like he is doing this on purpose..Find a better spot for your $

DMBFan23
06-18-2007, 10:50 PM
the reasoning being that if he were going to minraise the flop with a weaker ace that I beat he would not bet the turn with it?

KEW
06-18-2007, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the reasoning being that if he were going to minraise the flop with a weaker ace that I beat he would not bet the turn with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the "reads" part...If I knew he would do this with weaker hands then I would be calling or even pushing(depending on villain)...In general vs an unknown I let it go..

OTOH...The ONLY read we have on villain is he does not have a full stack...When I see this I tend to give this type of player less credit...The turn bet is very weak(and the not full stack read) I am tempted to call and see what villain does on the river...

DMBFan23
06-18-2007, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the "reads" part...If I knew he would do this with weaker hands then I would be calling or even pushing(depending on villain)...In general vs an unknown I let it go..

OTOH...The ONLY read we have on villain is he does not have a full stack...When I see this I tend to give this type of player less credit...The turn bet is very weak(and the not full stack read) I am tempted to call and see what villain does on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, I meant the reason we call the flop

KEW
06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, I meant the reason we call the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I am calling on the flop because it's "ONLY" a min raise and how villain reacts on the turn will tell us how much he likes his hand..Many villains will shutdown on the turn if you call the raise...It's a very uncomfortable spot to be in..I could not find fault if you decided to lay it down on the flop...Playing OOP is a tough spot to be in with a marginal hand..

DMBFan23
06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing OOP is a tough spot to be in with a marginal hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen