PDA

View Full Version : When to fire the second bullet?

robinmbuk
06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I very rarely double barrell cbet, and I think this is true of alot of people.

After missing the flop and firing a cbet on what would be considered a good cbetting flop (say I have AQ on a flop of K26r), I am often shown a medium pocket pair on the river after villian has called my cbet and checked it down.

Are there any good PT stats which can aid me in working out when to fire again on the turn? A high fold to turn bet percentage maybe (don't know what figure counts as high though)? Or is it just through observing individual opponents (for example seeing that they often call cbets but when faced with a turn bet they fold)?

Thanks

robinmbuk
06-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone?

Frosteater
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
In your example against this kind of opponent I'd fire again if a Queen or Ace comes on the turn. If they call down with a medium pocket pair, use it to your advantage.

I always have "fold to turn bet" on my layout and I think it does help. It also seems to help if the percentage is actually higher than "fold to c-bet" and you want to check the flop and then bet the turn.

Also an Ace on the turn is generally a good card to bet. Often you won't get credit on a low flop but you will get credit for an Ace. In contrast firing again usually doesn't seem to work at all if the turn pairs the highest flop card.

Another thing you might try with hands like 98s is to check the turn and fire on a safe river if your c-bet got called on a draw-heavy flop, to fold out A-high flush draws. Not exactly what you asked for, but maybe a similar concept.

In addition you want to watch your opponents and take notes, this is invaluable, especially if you can label them as "calling stations" or "attacks weakness" (for a check-raise on the turn).

Not much, but I hope it helps.

filsteal
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
In general, the more likely it is that the turn card is another overcard to villain's small/mid PP, the more likely you should be to c-bet it.

In your example, you should be more likely to fire again on a J turn than on a 4 turn.

And I definitely try to avoid second barreling when the turn pairs the board.