PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Trivial AA fold?

kewl_cph
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Villian is 21/6/0.5 over 48 hands FWIW.

I think PF and flop play is standard. I didn't like it when I bet the turn, but I hate checking and losing control of the hand. I'd like opinions on turn play and possible river play.

Is checking and folding to weak? Is it spew to not fold to the turn raise?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.20
UTG+1: $17.25
Hero: $47.25
Button: $49.55
SB: $48.50
BB: $49.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $22</font>, Hero ?

fingersmith
06-18-2007, 07:46 PM
def fold to this passive villain. with an unknown I call this small raise and check/fold to river bet bigger than ~40% pot. he almost always has 1 pair beat, unless hes an idiot "slowplaying" KK or something. your turn bet is perfect--don't stop doing this with AA on these boards.

Capitan23
06-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I think betting the turn is the right play. In my opinion you played it right here.

kewl_cph
06-18-2007, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
def fold to this passive villain. with an unknown I call this small raise and check/fold to river bet bigger than ~40% pot. he almost always has 1 pair beat, unless hes an idiot "slowplaying" KK or something. your turn bet is perfect--don't stop doing this with AA on these boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think my 48 hands on him is enough to take him out of "unknown" category. You do realize that if I call his turn bet, a river push will be less than 40% of the pot size. I'd have to call just about any bet on the river unless it's something completely gross like the 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I think a call here and check/fold river is terrible and pure spew. My hand is pretty much face up as an overpair. What do I want to see on the river other than an ace and even then I could be drawing dead to a straight.

If I thought villian had something silly like A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I really should push.

DMBFan23
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I was a limit player first so I hate hate hate folding hands like this, but OOP it doesn't look good against this villain, even if the read is highly suspect. not that he's necessarily solid, 48 hands isn't enough to know, but it would take a specific read of looseness and aggressiveness to make me not fold this and I don't have that.

Chomp
06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I really like this hand assuming you folded.

Hoping that villain has suddenly gotton the horn for his TT-QQ is far-fetched, and KK is a small part of any range that might play the hand like this (and that's if KK even plays it like this in the first place, which in itself is somewhat unliekly).

Raisor
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
you played it fine, easy fold