PDA

View Full Version : Pair and flush draw on flop... draws good?

remdawg04
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi, I've been a lurker on here for a while, but recently decided to really try and work on my game, including posting on here. So here goes the first post...

No real read on the players at the table, sat down recently... I feel like I play like a nit a lot of the time, so that would be my only possible image at the table.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($14.90)
Hero ($24.65)
BB ($12.80)
UTG ($13.90)
UTG+1 ($22.70)
MP1 ($15.65)
MP2 ($29)
MP3 ($25)
CO ($21.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP1 calls $2, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1.

Turn: ($9) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.25</font>, MP1 calls $2.25, Hero...?

I'm not positive about my actions on both the flop and the turn. Worried about a better flush draw or two pair with 3 other players in hand? <font color="black"> </font>

BishopsFinger
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
ok welcome!
first this is a full ring hand and this is a 6max forum - you may get more useful feedback from there.

pre - no problem with completing in a multiway pot as long as the bb isnt a maniac - readless id probably assign him a more passive nature pf so pf = fine.

4 way oop i probably just check and see how things go down - as played i dont see any problem with your b/c line against bets like this but be aware that with 4 players in the pot your fd may no longer be good.

the turn is a call also - your FE is ~0 so just call and try to hit one of your thousand outs on the river - you have great odds also (you probably didnt need telling that)

edit to include: if the draw hits on the river then youre probably going to be getting it all in - if youre calling to draw then youve gotta try and get value when you hit - you may be behind some of the time granted but you gotta felt it if it comes to it.

remdawg04
06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Bishop. I'll def look at the full-ring section for more help.