PDA

View Full Version : 0.5$ NL JJ Fold preflop?

MickChecker
06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $46.80
Hero (BB): $79.05
UTG: $7.90
MP: $42.00
CO: $50.00
BTN: $166.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $7.75</font>, Hero?

Tough spot for me... What would be standard play here? I didn't have reads on that guy, he was relativley fresh at the table...

Fishonaquest
06-18-2007, 04:26 PM
This looks like a SB is defending his blinds to me.
I would call to see the flop and fold if Villian pushes.
Reevaluate on the flop.

But don't count to much on my opinion, I am just a Fish!

davee
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
No shame in just folding here. I don't see the need to get too tricky.

If you have a decent read on the sb and see that he does tend to re-steal from a button raiser often, then this might be a spot to 4-bet.

If the sb was deepstacked I wouldn't mind a call but you don't have the implied odds to be calling in this case imo.

MickChecker
06-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Yes, I think you're right. He will bet every flop, and every overcard stops me from calling, so basically I can fold with a bad feeling, push this or call and play for set value.
But the last doesn't seem to be enough to justify this call, right?

nyc999
06-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I fold. You would be playing for set value and the button is yet to act. The button re-raising (where you'd have to fold) or folding (incorrect odds for set value with SB's stack size) makes this -EV. I might call if you were last to act.

boycalledroy
06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
I'd be a lot more interested in the BTN's stats. There is a (twisted) logic behind pushing here. I feel that you are crushing a good players BTN range and that you are close against the new players reraising range. If he were a good player he'd play AJ+, 99+ imo. Depends on bank-roll I guess. Push and enjoy for a gambool. I'd like to see how the rest of the hand panned out though.

bluffbetter
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
You should raise preflop because you never want other players with suited conectors etc or suited aces, KJ etc to see a cheap flop. I think it's less likely SB is making a move because he's OOP. It's best to assume other players are good until proven otherwise when you don't have a read. If SB is making a move then the good thing for him is that if he makes a big bet on the flop he's 1st to act and people may credit him for a big pair and fold.