PDA

View Full Version : $5NL 6-Max, playing Ace-high combo draws on the flop in multi-way pots

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
These always stump me, especially OOP against active, LAG villains. Who calls here and who raises? If you get 3-betted, do you 4-bet or call?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($11.95)
BB ($6.28)
UTG ($9.72)
MP ($9)
CO ($6.76)
Button ($13.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Button calls $0.05, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.1</font>, Button folds, Hero ?

jonyy6788
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
bet first to act and then maybe I can give a better line

Wooden Ta Sheng
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet first to act and then maybe I can give a better line

[/ QUOTE ]

You've already checked though, so it's not about what could've been done first. What's your line now? I doubt you've bet first 100% in these situations in the past.

wslee00
06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
@5NL a check is fine on flop. I'm calling and see a turn. Bet if you 1) you hit and there are 3 opponents
C/R if you hit and it's less than 3 opponents.

Mr_Pathetic
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
If you raise you can bet out on turn when it blanks and have more money in when you hit plus people here will not think you check raised just a draw. If you just check call then you have pretty much shown you are not scared of the draws and when one hits your opponent could possibly notice this and not pay you off. I think you can make more by check raising this flop, if villain has a lower flush draw he is calling a large portion of the time, same with top pair and probably a straight draw.

(Opponents do notice how you play at these stakes, I notice all the time)

davee
06-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I lead that flop for $0.20.

As played I raise to $0.45 or so, you've got great equity here, just get the money in if you can.

Quester
06-18-2007, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've already checked though, so it's not about what could've been done first. What's your line now? I doubt you've bet first 100% in these situations in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally you call and see a turn. Check-raising blind is no good, because we know nothing of our opponent's hands (leading gives a great amount of information).

If you don't lead flops like this, you need to get off autopilot and play poker.

boycalledroy
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Bet into these people, if they fold no worries, if they raise stick it all in. From what I can see you have probably 3 Aces, 4 3's and 8 clubs (15 outs) quick guess. If they call they probably have a jack or an inferior flush draw. Maybe even a straight draw with you free-rolling a flush. All you want here is ALL your MONEY in dancing on the flop!