PDA

View Full Version : 10 NL 55 facing turn AI

Backinblue
06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Villain is an average 10 NLer and had just lost a big hand if that matters. Whats hero's action, I felt I was still ahead in the hand. Thoughts please.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.10
BB: $5.00
UTG: $16.35
Hero (CO): $10.10
BTN: $4.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.40</font>, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $2.75</font>, Hero ???

dfkdfk
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I probably would have either folded or raised all in after his re-raise on the flop because he has little money left... with an almost $4 pot after the flop you have to figure his last $3 is going to find its way into it as well at some point in the hand unless you can shut him down w/ a shove. Against a bigger stack I would have leaned heavier towards the fold side because its not worth it to me to get stacked w/ pocket 5's and 1 over (but perhaps that is just me).

As for what actually happened and you play on the turn - If you feel like you had him beat and he was tilting or something then perhaps you should call the turn because there is a decent chance he is bluffing or semi bluffing and you are getting 3 to 1 on your money.

munkey
06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Just let it go on the flop

I doubt you're ahead of his range - you beat 2x/3x/ pocket ivs
and have only 2 outs -bet the flop and fold -or check-call/fold the flop.

You're against a shortie 1/2 stack so when your pfr is called -either cbet/getting AI or c/folding.

if you think he's tliting with overcards/44 then c/call turn to induce a bluff as you played -but I don't like it - you're stack him l8er in a better positon if he's tilting.