PDA

View Full Version : AA getting bet into on turn

06-17-2007, 11:18 PM
villain is 50NL regular at pokerstars running 19/13/3.5. I`m 23/17/2.8.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($53.95)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($52.95)</font>
Button ($69.75)
SB ($67.20)
BB ($13.65)
UTG ($20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50, SB calls $2.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($13) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, CO calls $9, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($31) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $19</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

I was kind of inducing a bet from villain by checking the turn. I`m not to worried about a set here.

Comments appreciated.

jonyy6788
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
c/r AI

06-17-2007, 11:51 PM
tks for the reply jonyy. I did checkraise AI. Just wanted to make sure if this is standart here ?

barryc83
06-17-2007, 11:59 PM
meh this spot kinda sucks. why can he not have a set here? this would be a spot where I might sloplay a set bc UTG/SB might come along with 99 or something. I mean if hes decent at all he knows that you arent cbetting this without a hand. i guess crai is the only option or maybe c/f. what do you really beat here? you think he bets a Q there, most people just look to get to showdown once the K hit. I probably just bet again and call bc im pot stuck.

c/f seems very weak tight but might be the right play unless you realy think hes a moron who just has tightish stats, whats his sn?

06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
SN limoni. I was considering folding but on the end I called. btw I have been dealt AA 45 times this month and I`m down -75$ with them. sucks, haven`t been slowplaying them or anything ...

correction I`m down -112$, justed checked again.

barryc83
06-18-2007, 12:17 AM
ok i know the villain youre talking about and hes ok. i dont fear him or anything but hes not betting a FD for sure. i doubt hes even betting a Q there. I think a set is a pretty large chunk of his range honestly. or KQ but theres a good chance he mucks that pf. im not saying i could fold this in game, but looking at it from the forum I dont see much that wee beat once he bets the turn. hes certainly not floating you here multiway. only hand he bets there is JTs and I bet theres a good chance he takes the free one.

Check_The_Nuts
06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
yea first thing I thought was check/fold as well. Its not like he's likely to be floating you with AK or anything. He either has AQ or KQ or a set. I doubt he'd bet that turn with just one pair tho so I definitely check/fold.

That Fish
06-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Heads up on the turn, why do we want to give a FD a free look at the river? Don't FD's make up a large part of his range here?

Hero has about $43 left, FD needs 4:1 to call. Most he can win is 43 + 31 = 74/4 = about $18 or so. $18 bet on the turn and he doesn't have (implied) odds to call a FD profitably even if hero stacks off on a /images/graemlins/spade.gif river every time.

I'd bet $12 on the turn because he might not recognize the odds are not there, plus he'll raise all better hands thinking hero is pot committed.

Go_BroKe
06-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I prefer c/f here. What hand does a regular bet on the turn?
I think he often has a set here, and sometimes he has KQ here. He doesn't bet AQ on this turn. The FD takes the freecard here -&gt; fold.

jimpo
06-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I am not sure but I think check-folding the turn is too weak. He's pretty aggressive so I think CRAI is good on the turn. He may be floating you with air (not likely though in multiway pot), have a flush draw, something like 77-TT, AQ, QJ that you beat.

I don't know why you would have to worry specifically about him having a set here. Pretty much every single hand we play villain may have a set, if we play every hand scared because of that we will not accomplish much. I am much more worried about KQ than a set here.

monkover
06-18-2007, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heads up on the turn, why do we want to give a FD a free look at the river? Don't FD's make up a large part of his range here?

Hero has about $43 left, FD needs 4:1 to call. Most he can win is 43 + 31 = 74/4 = about $18 or so. $18 bet on the turn and he doesn't have (implied) odds to call a FD profitably even if hero stacks off on a /images/graemlins/spade.gif river every time.

I'd bet $12 on the turn because he might not recognize the odds are not there, plus he'll raise all better hands thinking hero is pot committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Itīs not about the odds a fd is getting but about this could ever be fd. and i donīt think so. Villain does have a high aggro factor though so iīm not sure... a call certainly isnīt right and i canīt really decide whether to raise ai or c/f. i think itīs very player dependent...

Triggerle
06-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I'd normally bet/fold this turn any day but the pot is so big that we can't make a meaningful bet and still be able to fold.

So I think crai is the better play.

Maybe bet more on the flop (pot)? Might make a villian with a set assume he can raise you right there and you can still get out then. If called my money is going in on the turn.

Check_The_Nuts
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I like check/fold more here because villian has no way of knowing this pot could go 5-way. Sure if he thought it was highly likely it would be a large multiway pot then he would have a higher % of drawing hands as opposed to made hands (97ss is a better hand multiway than KQ..). Thats why I think you can fold the turn. If the TAG had been the 3rd-4th caller in the pot then its a different story, and your probably better off just getting it in.

btw, bet/fold is a really bad line. I don't think anyone mentioned this line, but when you bet something like 12 bucks here any decent player is gunna push on you.

HBomb
06-18-2007, 12:56 PM
He will bet with flush draws like this too, btw, I believe I lost with AA at one of your tables last night that we were at when I raised UTG and got called by 44 and he hit his set.

Check_The_Nuts
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He will bet with flush draws like this too, btw, I believe I lost with AA at one of your tables last night that we were at when I raised UTG and got called by 44 and he hit his set.

[/ QUOTE ]

ffs too many ppl know who I am :/....

ama0330
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
c/r AI

[/ QUOTE ]

and bet more on the flop