PDA

View Full Version : AA hits a set on the flop in a 3bet pot....

HoldEmNewby
06-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Not much of a read on villain he runs at 22/14/2.6 over 55 hands. Haven't tangled with him yet. Nothing else to do but check the flop? Are we okay with getting it all-in on a diamond turn if we do so?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $7.75
BB: $50.60
UTG: $49.65
Hero (CO): $47.50
BTN: $125.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, BB calls $9.50

Flop: ($30.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
??????

Nick C
06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I guess a flop check (representing a KK/QQ hand that fears the ace) is okay, but I think ultimately you're going to have trouble getting much more out of this hand unless Villain happens to have JJ or the other ace.

I probably just bet $15 or so on the flop and hope Villain interprets this as weak, but I'll admit this is partly because of my limit background (making the last preflop raise and then checking with a flopped set is an incredibly donk-standard limit slowplay, even though the players who favor this play would generally bet any hand other than a complete monster on the flop).

Manchild84
06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, AK, 77, JJ, youre probably getting his stack regardless.
KK and QQ just got a lot harder. I think I check/r. If you lead, smaller PP that didnt hit will fold, might call, player dependant, and JJ/77/AK probably raise.
If you check, it gives smaller PPs a free card to catch up, in which case you do get their stack, gives KK/QQ a chance for a feeler bet, and jj/77/ak will bet

barryc83
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
you only have 1 psb left and it only takes 1 street to get it AI. Id check the flop, and check a non diamond turn. Push any diamond turn and any river if you get there.

DMBFan23
06-17-2007, 05:15 PM
what would you do with KK/QQ/AK?

Manchild84
06-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Should also note that a diamond turn shouldnt be all that worrisome. The Ad is on the board, so hes not playing AKd, and any other suited cards are out of his range. I would push a diamond turn though, to deny odds for Qdx and Kdx

Fiksdal
06-17-2007, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you only have 1 psb left and it only takes 1 street to get it AI. Id check the flop, and check a non diamond turn. Push any diamond turn and any river if you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Let's get villain a chance to bluff/think his KK/QQ is good. There is no need to build a pot at all here.