PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Combo draw on turn

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Villian is 60/8/1.7 after 263 hands doesnt play 1 pair hands very aggro. I felt like I completely miss played this hand. Also who likes a flop cbet??

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $48.20
UTG+1: $113.10
CO: $191.62
Hero: $96.65
SB: $69.05
BB: $33.14

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.75, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.75, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $20</font>, Hero ?

orange
06-17-2007, 02:20 PM
bet the flop. call the turn given the way you got there.

monkover
06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
preflop imo is ok but you could just fold or limp behind. As long as you mix it up between calling/folding/raising a raise is fine here. Reads can change this though (e.g. villain limps a lot and folds to raises)

Iīd cbet the flop b/c you want to take it down immedeatly but if you get called you at least have 3 outs to the nuts but I donīt think that it cbetting here against 2 villains is a lot +ev (just to make them give me less credit in future)
So I think checking behind is o.k too.

On the turn Iīd def raise villain, too. the turn was checked through and we might very well take the pot down by raising b/c villain just took a stab at the pot.
Once villain has raised we have to at least call getting about 3.7 to 1. The problem I have with reraising here is that you are quite deep 200bb and villain really seems to like his hand. that makes 4 betting a really bad idea b/c he might raise all in.
So call and hope to stack villain on the river if a spade or an 8 or 3 comes off.

DCWildcat
06-17-2007, 02:36 PM
bet flop

monkover
06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please elaborate why? imo c bettign the flop is close to neutral ev.

humP
06-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Call, he seems strong and you have a lot of implied odds, if you hit a straight he has a very tough time putting you to it given your line and he seems to suck anyways so he probably wouldn't even consider straight as a option, also you're in position and often get his stack with a flush too. Checking flop behind isn't that wrong eather imo, but yeah c-bet often though.

monkover
06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
what makes you think that villain sucks? heīs deep so he should but there are enough people luckboxing their way to a deep stack so that isnīt necessarily an argument...

kaz2107
06-17-2007, 02:56 PM
im betting this flop 100% of the time. why r we checking!?!??! we hit tha flop pretty well and should have a decent amount of FE on this board. we have an oesd and a back door flush draw. now that didnt bet the flop blah on the turn. id prolly just check it now. we lost a decent amount of our FE by showing weakness on the flop so i prolly just look to see a river. betting the flop is mandatory tho

BevillTheDevil
06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
yea after lookin back over it i was wonderin why i didnt cbet the flop, I guess at the time since both villians were pretty fishy I thought 1 would def call but i do have outs and still have some FE...if i took this line im pretty sure im firing a 2nd barrel on this turn

humP
06-17-2007, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think that villain sucks? heīs deep so he should but there are enough people luckboxing their way to a deep stack so that isnīt necessarily an argument...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude

"Villian is 60/8/1.7 after 263 hands "

orange
06-17-2007, 03:33 PM
we bet this flop because-
-we might fold better hands
-we build a pot in position with a disguised draw
-again, we are in position and can control the pot size easier
-for deception (not that this is even really a great reason).